• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ragitsu

• Certified

• tkdguy

• Clonus

Rep. Warren Groen (R-Rochester) also opposed the bill by making a bizarre reference to abortion.

“As I was doing the research on this bill, I watched a couple of videos,” Groen said. “Its known for its extremely strong and sharp talons, with which it grasps its prey. It uses its razor-sharp beak to rip its victim to shreds, tearing it apart limb by limb. I guess the shame about making this a state bird is that it would serve as a much better mascot for Planned Parenthood.”

This is a fairly standard Turtledove alt-hist, an alternate World War II seen through the eyes of one person from each of a wide variety of combatant nations. I would have given it 3 stars...except I can't get past the premise. It simply doesn't make sense for the French and British to go that far. Yeah, with no Munich Agreement and subsequent betrayal of that agreement I can see the British seriously considering Hess's peace overture and maybe accepting it along with the French. But switching sides and sending troops to help the Germans against the Russians? It just doesn't make sense because they won't be getting anything out of the deal. Suspension of disbelief snapped hard