Desolidification & Running

Lestat

My player wants to create a speedster charactar. He wants to link Desolidification to Running (only non combat movement) to simulate the fact that is impossible to hit at this velocity.

What kind of limitations would need Desolidification to create such power? The points are two: a) linked to movement (but only non combat velocity), and B) desolidification that works only for damage, not to walk through walls and object.

I don't like the concept

desol would prevent aoe's from affecting the character - even megascale AOE's that the character can't outrun.

and it wouldn't stop ego attacks from working - which shouldn't work if the character is running so fast they can't be seen.

I would buy it as dcv levels and perhaps ego dcv levels linked to run.

Originally posted by dugfromthearth

I don't like the concept

desol would prevent aoe's from affecting the character - even megascale AOE's that the character can't outrun.

and it wouldn't stop ego attacks from working - which shouldn't work if the character is running so fast they can't be seen.

I would buy it as dcv levels and perhaps ego dcv levels linked to run.

Well, he has to define some sort of attack that can punch through his desolidified, and area of effect attacks could fit the bill. As for ego attack protection . . . he never say's you can't see his character, just can't hit his character. I interpret it as a sort of infinite DCV. He could buy an additional invisible linked to running, which is a common speedster power.