Throwing A Bottle of Puke!

Susano

So. I'm working on Left 4 Dead for Hero, and am building Boomer Bile. For those who've never played L4D (and been vomited on by a Boomer), Bile basically summons an Infected within range to violently attack whatever is covered in said Bile. You can even pick up bottles of Bile and hurl them at the Infected and summon a Horde to attack them! (I received the Septic Tank achievement for hitting a Tank [an infected the size and shape of the Hulk] with Bile.)

I figure Bile to be a Compound Power, part one is easy -- Images, +4 versus Smell, pungent aroma of, well, puke. The other I think would be Mind Control, AOE (smell area?), Single Command (attack!), Telepathic, Based On CON, Only Versus Common Infected.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

PS: Building the Witch is going to be fun. :sneaky:

Re: Throwing A Bottle of Puke!

I'd go with the Images or whatever' date=' but leave out the Mind Control. Instead make it a Psychological Complication or an Enraged/Berserk or something on the creatures in question.[/quote']

Hmm... considering I just added an Enraged to the Common Infected to simulate their attacking anything under certain circumstances, adding "the smell of Boomer Bile" sounds easy enough. It also allows for faster play. Win!

Perhaps a mental paralysis (1def 2d6) to reflect those who would just puke after being covered in that junk. (ie it is an instinct to barf after others do. it an adaption vs food poisoning)

The idea of the common infected having an enrage vs those covered in that gunk is a great idea.

Perhaps a mental paralysis (1def 2d6) to reflect those who would just puke after being covered in that junk. (ie it is an instinct to barf after others do. it an adaption vs food poisoning)

The idea of the common infected having an enrage vs those covered in that gunk is a great idea.

Right now I'm trying to just simulate the game itself. I'll post what I've done and let people look it over. I have Common Infected, Uncommon options, the Tank, the Witch, and the Boomer. Next will be the Smoker, I think.

Right now I'm trying to just simulate the game itself. I'll post what I've done and let people look it over. I have Common Infected' date=' Uncommon options, the Tank, the Witch, and the Boomer. Next will be the Smoker, I think.[/quote']

I kind of realized that after I wrote most of that out, but the writeup for covering someone in barf/puke etc seemed to much fun to erase :D

Summon: Infected; Must Arrive Under Own Power; Inhabits Area; Single Command: Attack target covered in Bile

Bile could be SFX at that point.

That would be my favourite, although one could add some sort of side effect that the bile container may break if you fall or are hit, and/or physical manifestation. Or a focus. Focus is good. That covers it all as someone could target the focus and splosh you with bile.

Yummy.

Summon: Infected; Must Arrive Under Own Power; Inhabits Area; Single Command: Attack target covered in Bile

Bile could be SFX at that point.

I could present that as an option, as that's sort of how the game does it (toss puke, you get Infected from everywhere... even places where there wasn't any before.)

I kind of realized that after I wrote most of that out' date=' but the writeup for covering someone in barf/puke etc seemed to much fun to erase :D[/quote']

BTW -- I've included your suggestion under my list of "things the GM could add."

For those interested, I'm finding the L4D Infected builds to be rather interesting. A lot of Triggers and Naked Advantages are being used to allow me to simulate certain game effects. A real eye-opener (for me) on character design.