Building a Good Base

Kraven Kor

(Warning, I've come and gone from this post while working here and so it may be a bit rambling.)

What do I include?

Obviously the Base should have its area, PD/ED, and the like.

I am looking for some good base templates I can plagiar... I mean, look at for ideas / formatting / what to include.

However, a few specific questions:

Life Support: Let's say the base is basically a self-contained environment. So it would have LS, but do I buy it "usable by others" or "area affect?"

What about if the base has its own little servant robots and such, built as followers naturally, but do I have the base buy them, or the characters? Seems like a double-discount (the servants are super-advanced and combat capable, but can't really leave the base.)

I am assuming the base having Power Defense would stop teleportation?

-----

The basic idea of the base is it is "configurable" - the entire facility is made out of a special material which can be broken down and reconstructed via nano-tech stuff. So you can change the dimensions of rooms, add or remove equipment or abilities, etc. So a big part of the base will be a very large VPP.

Re: Building a Good Base

For servant robots, spirits, indigenous friendly animals and the like, I prefer some sort of 'always on' or 'triggered' Summon. Makes them more expendable (the base can repair or make more!), and clearly a power of the base.

As per the examples in the book, LS effects automatically affect everyone inside a base (or vehicle), but it is not clear that other powers have similar effects. A base with anti-gravity fields may need mega-scaled UBO flying, or may not... not 100% on this one.

have you checked the Champions book? starting on page 101 it give help on making bases with many examples on how to build them,

the robots is simply NPC guard for the base with limitations,

the amount of Def / body is also covered from what i have read is about 12 Def / 8 body, you can have the walls listed as hardened by listing them as reinforced with steel bars,

if you want to add more def / body there was a chart in one of the champions books that gave the addiction of def/body for more thickness,

try to find these references as guidelines for building your base, happy hunting :)

I am assuming the base having Power Defense would stop teleportation?

O.O

Power Def bloc teleport?

i use 5Ed (5ER) and i found this at page 235:

Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation (+¼): Characters apply this Advantage to walls, Entangles, and other barriers to prevent characters from Teleporting through them. A character cannot Teleport through any barrier that Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation unless he buys his Teleportation with the Advantage Armor Piercing. Characters may purchase Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation multiple times to overcome Armor Piercing.

Hardened: Defenses with this Advantage don’t stop Teleportation; that requires the Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation Advantage.

it is changed in 6E?

• 2 weeks later...

Villain: "I escape your prison with my Penetrating Teleport!"

Hero: "Sorry, my walls are 4x Hardened, 4x Impenetrable, 4x Cannot be Escaped via Teleportation, Transdimensional, and Affects Desolid."

Villain: "So... what else can you do?"

Hero: "Nothing. All my points went to my base."

Villain: "I escape your prison with my Penetrating Teleport!"

Hero: "Sorry, my walls are 4x Hardened, 4x Impenetrable, 4x Cannot be Escaped via Teleportation, Transdimensional, and Affects Desolid."

Villain: "So... what else can you do?"

Hero: "Nothing. All my points went to my base."

...then He hits the villain with the base.

'Gate Keeper', although a poor Solo Superhero, has been a vital member of the Champions... his extra-dimensional prison realm has held, and indeed continues to hold, some of the most world-threatening villains and cosmic horrors the world has ever known.