Rocky's One-Hit-KO Punch

Ragitsu

Re: Rocky's One-Hit-KO Punch

One possable way to make a power you only use when you're beat up is to make it only usable when you're beat up...

One Chance! +1 D6 HA, Absortion: PD> HA (3-6D6, depends on game...) So you need to take some beat down to use it, toss in a lim to fade all the absorb with a solid 'hit" and you are getting close...

Change in Theme music! +X stun, 1x per day (maybe 2-3X?) ....?

Damage reduction X1/2 Must have less than 50% of total stun....."I'm starting to like the pain...."

Etc....you can also buy +X STR x5 End, only with Haymaker! for "extra" Push!...."I Haymaker, and Push, and add 25 STR"

Mostly good ideas except for the Push and extra END stuff. The optimal time to push (or use any power that requires extra END) is as early as possible' date=' since the later the fight goes the less END you have left.[/quote']

Actually, that gives me an idea for enforcing the "last ditch" usage of a power. Instead of charging extra END to use it, link it to an END/STUN Aid with one charge. Then the character will have a good reason to hold off using it until they're almost beat down, and it'll provide a 'second wind' when they need it the most, combined with a strong attack, of course.

Actually' date=' that gives me an idea for enforcing the "last ditch" usage of a power. Instead of charging extra END to use it, link it to an END/STUN Aid with one charge. Then the character will have a good reason to hold off using it until they're almost beat down, and it'll provide a 'second wind' when they need it the most, combined with a strong attack, of course.[/quote']

Way to focus on the carrot instead of the stick