PC creation question

FreyaSkuld

First off, please forgive me I only have the 5th edition book. :(

Second, my question... I was wondering how characters with multiple personality's work, Should I make 2-3 different whole character sheets and give them to the GM to decide when I get to be whom, or can I only make one sheet and then just stick to the parameters my sheet dictates?

if the answer is yes, or both, please elaborate...

Re: PC creation question

First off, please forgive me I only have the 5th edition book. :(

Second, my question... I was wondering how characters with multiple personality's work, Should I make 2-3 different whole character sheets and give them to the GM to decide when I get to be whom, or can I only make one sheet and then just stick to the parameters my sheet dictates?

if the answer is yes, or both, please elaborate...

Does each personality have different skills that they know? If so, you'll different sheets, or at least list which skills are for each personality. Do you, as player, have control over which personality will be dominate? If so, you should keep the sheets, although the GM should have copies. Generally, the less sheets you have, the less complicated and easier the character is to run. If you do not have control over which persona is in control at a given time, the GM definitely needs to have copies.

I think one sheet will work, listing what skills are with what personality.

I was wondering how characters with multiple personality's work' date=' Should I make 2-3 different whole character sheets and give them to the GM to decide when I get to be whom, or can I only make one sheet and then just stick to the parameters my sheet dictates?[/quote']

Keep in mind is that most elements of the character's personality are not purchased as characteristics, skills, powers, perks, or talents. Personality is about motivations, desires, bearing, and your reactions to situations you encounter. The biggest area that would be affected by personality would be complications (disadvantages). One personality might be a shy follower, while another personality is a boisterous, overconfident leader of men.

As already suggested, if the personalities are actually completely separate minds with different skills and even different characteristics (perhaps EGO and INT), then separate character sheets might make more sense.

I played a fantasy game once with a character of two separate minds. Half of the time he was a pious cleric and half the time he was a selfish, immoral thief. He had the Accidental Change disadvantage and the player maintained two separate character sheets. It was a fun concept and added to the drama of the campaign, but it was frustrating when the party really needed the other person. Good luck to you!

thanks everyone I think I am going to go with the double sheet idea, and yeah I think having to give my sheets to the GM to decide when I switch would be a great idea.

but what if one of the personalities were an NPC, would I even need a sheet for that personality or is that such a dumb idea I should never tell a GM in a game I want to play that I even thought of it....ever

either way thanks for the help

If it's a Champions type game - or maybe even if it isn't - there is an old Hero System Presents module with a character called "Angstrom" that is somewhat similar. Basically this character has multiple personalities, and each personality has different powers - it is built with Multiform and Accidental Change. There is also some similarity to the Wild Cards character Mark Meadows. Or the Hulk, come to think of it. On the other hand if it's just the personality that changes, then it may not actually change very much in the way of your character sheet - you could probably get away with just some interesting Psychological Limitations/Complications.

You don't necessarily have to let the GM decide when you get to play each one - just have an Accidental Change disadvantage/complication that triggers under, say, stress (or each day, or whatever). I'm not really sure what you want with the "one of them is an NPC" idea - obviously the characters in the world don't "really" have such a distinction. I'm going to guess that the idea you have in mind is that some of the personalities are aware of the others, and some of the personalities are unknown to the others - and you want one of the latter personalities such that you can do things and not know about it. If that's what you're after, just a simple Psychological Complication/Limitation "Imperfect knowledge of other personalities actions" would probably cover it. It's essentially a licence for the GM to get you into trouble a lot, which often makes for a fun game.

If it's a Champions type game - or maybe even if it isn't - there is an old Hero System Presents module with a character called "Angstrom" that is somewhat similar. Basically this character has multiple personalities' date=' and each personality has different powers - it is built with Multiform and Accidental Change.[/quote']

from the sound of it, Angstrom is exactly what I had in mind to begin with I will have to go check him out....

I'm not really sure what you want with the "one of them is an NPC" idea - obviously the characters in the world don't "really" have such a distinction. I'm going to guess that the idea you have in mind is that some of the personalities are aware of the others, and some of the personalities are unknown to the others - and you want one of the latter personalities such that you can do things and not know about it. If that's what you're after, just a simple Psychological Complication/Limitation "Imperfect knowledge of other personalities actions" would probably cover it. It's essentially a licence for the GM to get you into trouble a lot, which often makes for a fun game.
while I am still doing the pre-game research before I start my first Hero's game, I have always liked giving my GM easy ways to mess with me/my PC. I see no reason to change now that I have found a game that has NOT been broken beyond repair. for some reason I have found for me, playing with a Hamlet is just more fun then an Oberon

I'd do it with multiple form and either the no control limitation or the accidental change complication. Each form is "physically" the same (same STR, DEX, CON, SPD, REC, END, STUN, BODY, PD, ED, OCV, DCV) but mentally completely different. You may be able to argue DEX, OCV, DCV have to do with hand eye coordination (a mental concept not physical), but you get the idea. The other things (skills, mental attributes, maybe even some talents/powers) completely different. Each one has their own set of complications and such too.