The Rage Virus from 28 Days Later

CptPatriot

I'm looking to recreate the The Rage Virus from 28 Days Later for a super-villain campaign running in the 5th edition.

Using a 60 pt gadget VPP pool, without using Transform, preferably, how can I write up a delivery system that will infect people with Rage and allow it to propagate?

Re: The Rage Virus from 28 Days Later

Hmm...I think if you went with something like the old Margarita Man build, then toss in a "Must have Contact with Infected Fluid to Spread through it's AOE (Sort of an Uncontroled Selective I guess), and an "Only for Berserk" for the Mind Control effect, That would pretty much do it, and for fairly cheap.

Now someone else can dig Margarita Man out of the thread necromancy pile, heh, but I'm thinking someone may remember his rather insidious power build.

Anyway, Merry Christmas all...

~Rex

It depends what you are after, but Transform seem the obvious way to go.

The thing with zmobies (sic) is that they tend to be automatons, so you really do need a different sort of character from the one you 'hit' with the virus. That usually either means Transform or enough killing attack to kill the target (a continuous NND (LS disease) Does Body should do nicely, combined with a Summon (Zmobie).

The former CAN use the base template of the transformed character and add to it (automaton powers and a different outlook), whereas the latter always comes up with identical zmobies (or near enough) whatever the base material is.

Margarita Man is a bit different because, unless I'm missing something, he just uses mental powers through Mind Scan whilst sitting on a beach out of harms way, sipping a pleasant tequila based drink.

If you are doing 'Marvel Zmobies' then you definitely need Transform.

Zmobie - if you have not visited KOL, prepare to either frustrate your curiosity or while away most of 2011.

Yeah but if you were looking for a non Transform way of doing it, Margarita Man, rebuilt slightly using the previous limitations I mentioned, would work for it without having to go the transform route. Otherwise, Transform is how to run with it. I went the MM direction because hte first post said "without using transform", and HERO being more about SFX rather then how it is built (aka, Flight works well for super fast Running people), MM's set up with the extra limitations out of a VPP using villain, seems pretty workable.

~Rex

For what it's worth, here's the bite of a Solanium Zombie:

312	[b]Infectious Bite:[/b]  Drain CON 7d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), NND (defense is Life 
Support [immunity]; +1), Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger 
resets automatically, immediately after it activates; triggered when zombie bites victim; +1), 
Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Day; +1 1/2), affects DEX, CON, INT, STUN, 
BODY simultaneously (+2); Gradual Effect (1 Day; roughly 1d6/3 hours; -1 3/4), Only When Bite Or 
Similar Attack Does BODY (-1/2) [b]plus[/b] RKA 7d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), NND (defense 
is Life Support [immunity]; +1), Does BODY (+1), Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that 
takes no time, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates; triggered when zombie 
bites victim; +1); Gradual Effect (1 Day; roughly 1d6/3 hours; -1 3/4), Only When Bite Or Similar 
Attack Does BODY (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Linked (Drain; -1/2) [b]plus[/b] Major Transform 7d6 (human 
into Solanum infected zombie, heals back in manner specified by the GM), Reduced Endurance 
(0 END; +1/2), Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger resets 
automatically, immediately after it activates; when zombie bites victim; +1); Gradual Effect (1 Day; 
roughly 1d6/3 hours; -1 3/4), All Or Nothing (-1/2), Limited Target (humans; -1/2), No Range (-1/2), 
Only When Bite Or Similar Attack Does BODY (-1/2), Linked (Drain; -1/2)