As a Hero Gamer would you find this useful?

JmOz

I am planning on starting to sell at the FLGS a new product. It is really a simple little craft thing, aimed mostly at another game, but thought I would see if anyone was interested, to decided if I should put some up on e-bay

Basically it is a counter, made from nylon and beads, every 5 beads it changes colors. The cord has enough extra space to allow you to move the beads from one side to another. I am thinking that it could be useful to have some for END and STUN.

Just curious if you as Hero Gamers would be interested in something like this?

Re: As a Hero Gamer would you find this useful?

I'm kind of with Kraven on this. I just use a text editor since we all use laptops anyway. It works fine for me. I like the idea in general though. How about creating one with 16 counters on it to count segments in a turn?

I think table top aids are great. I've used bead counters for life playing MTG and poker chips for HPs in DnD. I'm not sure about beads for turn counting but I think its worth play testing for sure.

IME most of the table top aids out there either 1) expensive or 2) easily replaced with stuff I already own in my house. Also, since I'm just getting into Hero I don't know which ones will work and which won't. One thing I do know is that to determine the best game aids takes play testing. The best sounding ideas don't always work as I would expect them to.

I'd be all over something like this personally, especially since I can use it in front of the the pile of Laptop people I know that insist on hogging all the game space and outlets with their evil Modern Technology.

~Rex

I am planning on starting to sell at the FLGS a new product. It is really a simple little craft thing, aimed mostly at another game, but thought I would see if anyone was interested, to decided if I should put some up on e-bay

Basically it is a counter, made from nylon and beads, every 5 beads it changes colors. The cord has enough extra space to allow you to move the beads from one side to another. I am thinking that it could be useful to have some for END and STUN.

Just curious if you as Hero Gamers would be interested in something like this?

I was going to recommend two rows/sets of beads for keeping track of 10 points at a time. But then, would that just be re-inventing the abacus?

I was going to recommend two rows/sets of beads for keeping track of 10 points at a time. But then' date=' would that just be re-inventing the abacus?[/quote']

Right now we are doing them in a number of sizes: 10, 25, 50, 100

We are using the five colors of M:TG plus yellow. We have 2 styles 4 plus a color (So every 5th bead is a different color) and 5 beads then a change in color. I will be dropping the first batch (of 15) off this week, and they have a big magic tournament on saturday the 15, so I will see how they go...

Personally I wouldn't use beads' date=' I think it's a lot easier to just write down a number than count and move beads.[/quote']

OTOH, using something like this could be somewhat faster than writing everything down. Also, the repeated writing/erasing of used-up stun/end/body points sometimes results in my character sheets getting re-printed sooner than necessary, due to wear and tear.