Changing your Multipower

GoldenAge

Re: Changing your Multipower

How is changing Skill Levels at the beginning and half phase any different? (Remember' date=' type slowly, I don't read so fast)[/quote']

You can change Skill Levels at the beginning and half phase? When did that happen?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary buys Naked Autofire for Skill Levels

I don't think it would be much more balanced for non-frameworks either. Sure' date=' for attack powers, it's not doing anything you couldn't already do with Multiple Attack.[/quote']

Well...

60 12d6 Blast

and

5 2x 12d6 Blast

vs

3 2 PSL's - Blast penalties for Multiple Attack

Seems comparable, but the multiple attack requires I use a full phase and halve my DCV. I can use the two separate Blasts as a multiple power attack with neither drawback. Of course, I can't use that to hit two different targets.

However, change that up to

21 14 PSL's for Multiple Attack Blast

or

20 x16 Blasts

Now I can hit a single target 7 times, but I need 7 successful rolls (the first one to miss voids all the rest) taking a full phase and halving my DCV, or I can make a single attack roll and, if successful, hit 16 times with a multiple power attack.

But imagine this:

60 Force Shell Generator - Resistant Defense (20 PD/20 ED/20 Power Defense), OIF

5 Another Force Shell Generator - x2 number of items

For the same price:

5 2rPD, 2rED, 2 PowDef, OIF

60 x 4,096 OIF's

That's +8,192 rPD, +8,192 rED and +8,192 power defense.

Conversely' date=' for a Multipower with only Instant powers in it, it's not going to do anything cheesy.[/quote']

Slap 8 attacks in a 60 point Multipower with an OIF. That costs 92

Spend another 50 to have 2,048 of them.

Buy Extra Limbs to have 512 arms (and 2,048 fingers and 512 thumbs).

drop the extra Defense OIF's to 512 and add Sight Flash, Hearing Flash and Mental defense to those thumb rings.

I now have +1,024 rPD, rED, Power, Hearing Flash, Sight Flash and Mental defense.

My attack action is firing 256 of each of my 8 Multipower attack slots as a multiple power attack (they'll have Charges, by the way).

Cheesy enough?

How is changing Skill Levels at the beginning and half phase any different? (Remember' date=' type slowly, I don't read so fast)[/quote']

As Lucius suggested, at least in 5e, you can't change combat skill levels after attacking, so that's not really an issue. The text for overall levels leaves some question to me as to whether you can use the level for movement, then switch it to use for attack. I bet there's an FAQ on that, but regardless, that's not nearly as big a deal to me as switching points from attack powers/skills to defense right after attacking.

My attack action is firing 256 of each of my 8 Multipower attack slots as a multiple power attack (they'll have Charges, by the way).

Cheesy enough?

I was thinking of the 6E Multiple Attack rules, and assuming that something like this wouldn't qualify for Combined Attack. If it did, then yeah, attack powers could be equally cheesy. Still, I'm not seeing how a Multipower makes it any worse - exponential doubling is the problem.