Hero vs Hero. Who would win? 400 pt 6th Ed Heroes

Pizza Man

How many starting 6th Ed heroes do we have here?

Would you find it interesting if we could compare two heroes (say with links to their own threads), and vote on who would win in a fight?

I've got 3 heroes in my sig at 400 points...Anyone spoiling for a fight?

But ya know there are some great minds here and it's a great way to get some advice on your character (and that would be brutally honest advice, too! My cup of tea...).

What say ye?

Edit to add, if you are going to create a new hero, 62 active point max. 12D6 and all that Jazz.

Re: Hero vs Hero. Who would win? 400 pt 6th Ed Heroes

.... 62 active point max. 12D6 and all that Jazz.

Ah... but there's the rub.

Even a 60 STR Brick with no extra purchased movement abilities of any kind can do a 14d6 Move Through using their base 12m Running. :D

Caps aside' date=' I think my [u']400 point starting Superman[/u] could hold his own vs. most opponents.

Hmmm. Awesome write up. But that power pool can tip the balance...105 strength? Ouch!

Still everything else fits.

Heat ray eye beams 12D6

Frost breath, 12D6

If you're willing to limit your strength to 60 AP, I'd say you're in. (Even though you are immune to Black Falcon's NND attack. Curses!)

Hmmm. Awesome write up. But that power pool can tip the balance...105 strength? Ouch!

Actually he could get to 120 if you make it straight Density with no advantages. But at 105 or 120 there are HIGH associated End costs which is why I consider a 75 total as his "normal" operating limit. He's also arguably a better example of the mantra: "with great power comes great responsibility" than the guy who made the quote (Spidey). He would not unload with even that level of STR (full offense btw, his only extra OCV is via Overall Levels also IN the pool) vs. an unknown opponent. Heck with his level of Boyscout/CVK he probably pulls his 12d6 punches to begin with. :D

I would also suggest that you make it characters that have been used in a game. I mean, if I made a character just to beat other characters I wouldn't waste points on Deduction. I'd probably go with a 4d6 RKA and a 4d6 HKA with tons of OCV/DCV.

Actually he could get to 120 if you make it straight Density with no advantages. But at 105 or 120 there are HIGH associated End costs which is why I consider a 75 total as his "normal" operating limit. He's also arguably a better example of the mantra: "with great power comes great responsibility" than the guy who made the quote (Spidey). He would not unload with even that level of STR (full offense btw' date=' his only extra OCV is via Overall Levels also IN the pool) vs. an unknown opponent. Heck with his level of Boyscout/CVK he probably pulls his 12d6 punches to begin with. :D[/quote']

One more detail about the VPP that might be getting overlooked:

Limited Power Kryptonion Powers Only (Speed, Strength, Toughness, Senses, Heat-Vision, etc..) (Real Cost Maximum=30 per slot, By taking enough additional Limitations (like Increased END or Extra Time) 3 or more Slots of up to 60 active point can be used simultaneously.; -½)

This means that although the slots can be up to 60 active points many will usually need a 'universal' Limitation like Increased END (a defacto Push) to be instantly usable at that level of power & still be under the 30 Real Cost (slot) Maximum.

Hey Pizza Man, what do your characters do when there is no bad guy to fight and the emergency is instead a disaster of some sort like a burning building with people trapped?

And what's so special about the #62?

Hey Pizza Man, what do your characters do when there is no bad guy to fight and the emergency is instead a disaster of some sort like a burning building with people trapped?

And what's so special about the #62?

62 points is 50 points with a 1/4 advantage. I would allow for that.

and the burning building? Yeah sure, they would rescue the people sure. I have two flyers and a teleporter so it would be easy.

Anyone else with a 400 point starting character who's NOT Superman. BF is getting her clocked cleaned by the Man of Steel's Cosmic VPP.

How about a more normal character vs one of mine? If I hear nuthin, I'm gonna let this thread die.

Well, to be fair I've thrown up two of the toughest archtypes (a flying/brick/energy-projector and a flying/brick/martial-artist).

The other issue is that I built them to concept, not to caps (at least not hard ones).

What is the concept behind Black Falcon? What would the character look like with +100 XP? Or +200? What are the ultimate limits of her power?

(Even a 1000 point Batman is going to have problems doing some things that are easy for a 250 point Superman!)