Iron Skies Trailers

Escafarc

Re: Iron Skies Trailers

I keep thinking that it would be almost impossible to goose-step properly in Lunar gravity.

Odd that you should mention that. I had made a similar comment over on one of the

Iron Sky threads at the Starship Combat News discussion board; only my thought

was that the Space Nazis would find it very difficult to function in Earth's gravity.

Either that, or the same thing that happened to the Martians in The War of the Worlds

would happen to the Space Nazis -- and wouldn't that be a shame (:eg:)?

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

Guys, guys! Stop with the thinking already. Yeah the Nazis would return to Earth and find they were in a hostile environment: super heavy gravity (how can you aim a luger when it weighs 6x what you're used to?), germs to which they have no immunity, out of date fashion, loads of other stuff I'm sure. One might also wonder why they would have internal combustion engines in an oxygen poor environment (that motorcycle at the start of the second trailer, for instance.)

But all this hard science is out of place in a Pulp Action Adventure! The important thing is : Space Nazis on the Moon!

Revel in it!

Guys, guys! Stop with the thinking already. Yeah the Nazis would return to Earth and find they were in a hostile environment: super heavy gravity (how can you aim a luger when it weighs 6x what you're used to?), germs to which they have no immunity, out of date fashion, loads of other stuff I'm sure. One might also wonder why they would have internal combustion engines in an oxygen poor environment (that motorcycle at the start of the second trailer, for instance.)

But all this hard science is out of place in a Pulp Action Adventure! The important thing is : Space Nazis on the Moon!

Revel in it!

Who said that the motorcycle in the second trailer was using an internal combustion

engine? Given the quality of German engineering and inventiveness, I wouldn't be

surprised if the Space Nazis came up with a high-performance electric motor to take

the place of the IC engines in their vehicles.

Major Tom 2009 :dyn

Speaking of "Weird German Science", there's a trailer over on YouTube for a WWII

sci-fi film called 1945A. Go check it out.

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

Quite well done.

Honestly though, big zap gun or not, that thing would have been toast if the Yank troops had more than one bazooka team and two Sherman Tanks. Heck, just with those, they almost had it. In broad daylight, a few Typhoons or Thunderbolts would have turned it into scrap.

If this film succeeds financially in the way that Indy Jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull didnt, it might just open the door for some of our favorite pulp characters. Here's hoping it kicks butt at the box office.