Local game store and distro

feralucce

I just came from my local gaming store. I offered them some demos of hero, but they turned me down. They did not want demos of stuff they cannot get into the store. This has been very upsetting to me as it's been an issue since they opened in October. I know the owner personally, so I know this isn't misleading or a dodge...

Is there a way that this stor can get direct supply? It is the only gaming store in the entire new Orleans area, and I would like to see a thriving hero community here... But if they can't get the books at home, it is unlikely to be the case.

Re: Local game store and distro

If your friend can't get the books from his distributor (which sounds very unlikely to me, as the major ones carry Hero books - sometimes distributors say they "can't get" something they don't feel like ordering), he can order directly from Hero Games. I suggest contacting Darren Watts by email or PM. He's dealt with retailers with this concern before.

I will advise them of it... Though it is weird as hell...the distro states they can get the basic book two, but not the character book... An they have ordered the hseg and ma books... And our distributor has gone above and beyond in the past...so it seems odd...

Well, hang on. If they're only saying they can't get the core character book, that's not a mistake- we're almost out and we're angling for a reprint of it right now. That's different from saying they "can't get Hero from distribution." In the meantime while waiting for the reprints, have you suggested they carry the Hero System Basic Edition and use that as the basis of your demos? dw

Thing is, it's been since October... From day one, the distributor has stated that they cannot get the core books and some of the others as well... But the owner doesn't want to carry any of it without the core books...

Have you been out of stock since last year?

No, we have not. Anyone who's informed you that we have been is either mistaken, or lying. Last October, when your friend opened his shop, we had plenty of copies of 6E1 and 6E2 in stock, and any distributor who didn't already have it could easily have obtained it from us.