Multiple Personality

TheNaga

Is multiform the best way to go if I am making a character with multiple personalities? The main form has no super abilities while the two other multiple personalitia have the character's powers, look monstrous and have their own personality? What suggestion can also give me to help me out.

Unknown to James is Cyrthulem is his dark side. As such, Cyrthulem will do thing that James would never do. Syluria believes that she is Cyrthulema’s protector but to the extreme. As such, Cyrthulem will avenging very wrong, slight, and attack done to James. Cyrthulem's revenge is always painful and prolonged, often leading to their death.

Cyrthulemia has two personalities. The first personality is a twist personality that preys on the weak, mostly women. His being abused by his mother drives this personality to hurt and torment women. If the opponents are female, he will be this personality’s first target. The more he fights, the better this personality likes it. This sick personality loves to torture and watch torment.

Cyrthulem’s other personality loves to fight, hurt people, torture and kill. This personality is a sadistic bully who shows no mercy and intentionally strikes to do maximum damage. This is this personality’s way of proving its superiority, as well as satisfying its cruel pleasures.

James always transforms into Cyrthulem at sunset and back to James at sunrise. James always has a very hazy recollection of what he has done as Cyrthulem.

Re: Multiple Personality

What can I find the best info on Multiform to help me out?

The basic is simple:

First you decide on the number of forms he has.

In your example I am not so certain if it are two (James and Cyrthulem), five (James, Cyrthulem the Avenger, Cyrthulem the Women hater, Cyrthulem the tormentor and Cyrthulem the bully) or three (James, Cyrthulem I, Cyrthulem II). When you could clarify it, we can help you better.

Also, when he is always Cyrthulem at night, how is it decided wich of the Cyrthulem personlalities is active? (what is switching between women hater and bully?).

He has two alternate personalities. They would be Cyrthulem the Avenger and Cyrthulem the Women hater. What would be a good way to figure out which personality would be in control?

Below is my start on how Cyrthulem will look like.

Cyrthulem: You see standing there before you a harpy-like creature that is nine feet tall. His body is that of a feral unclad skeletal man with deep red scaly skin. His head is that of a monstrous evil looking vulture that is deep red in color. His glowing eyes are solid yellow orbs. Razor-sharp pointed teeth line his jagged beak. Instead of arms, he has enormous monstrous powerful deep red bat wings. The joints of the wings are laced with razorlike claws. The wings, which measure eighteen feet from wingtip to wingtip, feature small hands at the midpoints. When his wings are folded beside his body, these wing-hands are carried about where a human’s would be. Instead of human legs, he has the legs of a monstrous vulture. Each toe ends in a dreadful looking talon. His fifteen feet long tail is thick tapering to a thin whip that ends in a stinger.

He has two alternate personalities. They would be Cyrthulem the Avenger and Cyrthulem the Women hater. What would be a good way to figure out which personality would be in control?

Accidental Change (in addition to the one that transforms him back). But the value could be a near useless low, considering that he will have little to no in-game penalty from it.

But if everything else is identical (only these one or two complciations differ), the APG has rules for "Variable Complications". The same approach as for Variable Advantage or Variable Limitation - you only get half efficiency, btu can choose freely between one set or the other.

Example:

Murdocks Madness (Psychical Complication, 10 Complication Points): Character has to have 20 Points worth of Psych complications at any time.

So he only get's 10 matching Complication Points for it, but has to have a number of Psychical Complicatiosn worth 20 Complication Points at any one time. They must be viable/relevant complications and the entire thing is GM-approval.

Well, first you ahve to decide what the primary form is. Usually it's the natural form.

Since it has to pay the cost for the entire Multiform, it's also ususally the weakest of them. Multiform with only one alternate form costs Full cost of the Alternate Form divided by 5. So in a 400 point Supers game, this will be 80 Points. Of course, the uncontrolled aspect itself will be a -1 or -2 limitation so the cost sink drastically (down to somewhere around 30 points).

It's not unusual to give the true form more skills and less powers. That way the true form can do something, when the multiform is somehow blocked.

But with uncontrolled transformation and partial split personalites, you are close to playing two seperate heroes/characters each with his powers, weaknesses and other stuff.