WHo's Campaign synopsis was this? please Help

gewing

I'm sorry, I can't remember who had the Fantasy campaign where the elves were Uber Nazis, the Dwarves were slaves, Few Orcs survived, etc.

I would like to use parts of this for a game I want to start.

COuld you get ahold of me? I would like to talk it over with you.

Greg

Someone here on the board was running a game like this.

The Elves are immortal, and total elven supremacists. They defeated the dwarves and enslaved them millenia ago. Now the Dwarves have been culled to the point they are "domesticated" imo, and they really make players who like dwarves nervous.

Humans live barbaric tribal lives in the hinterlands, they can't compete technologically or, I guess, Magically.

Orcs were nearly extinct, and the surviving ones live in isolated enclaves. They have had to adapt, becoming more "intelligent" and less savage. IIRC, there are Orcish groups that are like samurai or monastic Shao-lin. training in battle and working to control themselves.

I am quite intriqued by the concepts, but since someone else had it first, I want to make sure I have permission to use it. I will make my own tweaks, of course, but...

I really want to see the reaction of players used to "normal D&D worlds" when the elven character(s) are either kowtowed to or attacked berserkly on sight! :):)

go for it

I would say "adapting" the campaign to your own personal use is not a problem and it sounds like a coll campaing, will you let you players decide which race they might belong to?

Also slightly different but somewhat the same in certain concepts concerning elf elitism is the classic ElfQuest by Wendy and Richard Pini. Certain elf tribes have enslaved men while certain troll tribes (taking the dwarf, orc part) are trying hard not to be enslaved again.

interesting very interesting indeed...

This calls to mind a Games Workshop rip-off called (I think) Leviathan, where the Elves were twisted demon-worshipping racial supremacists, the Orcs were basically dinosaur-riding mongols (also racial supremacists), the Dwarves were previously slaves but now are magic/steam-technology wierdos and the humans are buff conan/celtic barbarians.

The backstory was amusing enough, bu my eyes tend to glaze over on any description that starts "all the elves (or dwarves, or orcs) are...."

cheers, Mark

Re: go for it

I'm not sure I will allow any initial play of the races at all. I am thinking of modifying Sliders and Stargate, and having these Elves be like the Cro-Mags on Sliders. :)

Originally posted by bloomann

I would say "adapting" the campaign to your own personal use is not a problem and it sounds like a coll campaing, will you let you players decide which race they might belong to?

Also slightly different but somewhat the same in certain concepts concerning elf elitism is the classic ElfQuest by Wendy and Richard Pini. Certain elf tribes have enslaved men while certain troll tribes (taking the dwarf, orc part) are trying hard not to be enslaved again.

interesting very interesting indeed...