Sunburst (Hear Central: PRIMUS Interdiction Team)

TheQuestionMan

Background/History:

The youngest son of Brandon Ward and his wife Kerry in 1987. Sean Micheal Ward always wanted to follow in his father's foot steps He and his brother Scott Quinn were average academics and athletes. In 2004 the seventeen-year-old twins were accepted into the US Army, where Sean trained to be a Medic and Alex a Ranger and from which they graduated in 2007.

While not in the same unit they're paths crossed many time. Scott served several tours in combat before he died in the mountains of Afghanistan. Sean was devastated by the loss of his twin and left the army. While home on leave following the incident, he decided that he would give up his Army career, and found work as a First Aid at Massey Energy's Upper Big Branch coal mine at Montcoal in Raleigh County, West Virginia.

On April 5th 2010 at 1527hrs an explosion occurred. Later the a state funded independent investigation would later find Massey Energy and the Mine Safety and Health Administration directly responsible for the blast. at least that was the cover story. The truth is that Massey Energy legitimate front for VIPER. Scientists had found an alien humanoid body wearing a pristine Battlesuit of unknown design.

Unfortunately Sean stumbled upon the an unmapped mine shaft that lead to the VIPER Field Base and was captured. Before they could arrange an accident involving a fall down a mine shaft the Scientist Commander needed a test subject. The Battlesuit while active had not responded to any of the VIPER volunteers. Fearing for his life Sean struggled to break free of his captors. While strong he out numbered and over powered.

His cries for help berried under a thousand feet of earth and stone. Drowned out by the mining equipment. The Battlesuit responded to his calls for help. When they forced his hand onto the armor it enveloped him. His mind was overwhelmed with information, memories, and horrors he could never understand. From VIPER's point of view all hell broke loose. The Battlesuit engulfed the test subject and then began blasting everyone and everything in sight. The VIPER Scientist Commander refused to create another Superhero and activated the self destruct.

Sean survived the explosion, but twenty-nine out of thirty-one miners at the site were killed. The Battlesuit was semi sentient and responded to its wearers needs. When the emergency teams arrived they found an armored superhero involved in rescue operations. An overly imaginative News team recorded the new superhero leaving the scene like a "Sunburst" and the name stuck.

Sunburst appeared over the skies of (Campaign City) fighting crime, rescuing those in need, and assisting in natural disasters. While is still new to the Superhero world, but he means to honor his heroes.

Personality/Powers:

Sean has maintained a level of grim determination which has not waned since Scott's death. Since moving to the (Campaign City) area he has been in closer contact with his parents. Relations with the people are still strained, however. While working, he tends to be serious, although he does have a sense of humor. He functions very well as a Superhero in (Campaign City). He found work as a Security Guard and First Aid Attendant at the (Campaign City) Sheriff's Office. He covertly uses their resources to fight crime.

Quote:

"Innocents deserved to be protected, but you deserve incarceration!"

Appearance:

As himself Sean is a cloths horse who wears current fashions or blue jeans and jackets. The Battlesuit is gunmetal gray with silver water patterns. A good looking young man with a Ryker style beard. A large young man no one challenges him despite his lack of martial arts experience.

Campaign Use/Plot Hooks:

1.) Uneasy relationship with Lady Blue, 2.) Always responds when innocents threatened, 3.) The Progenitor Battlesuit will attract the Slug and Elder Worm attention, 4.) VIPER hates creating new Superheroes!, 5.) Injustice will attract

Cheers

QM

Re: Sunburst

Sunburst

Player: Eddie Blake

Val Char Cost

20/50 STR 10

18/23 DEX 24

20/25 CON 20

15 BODY 10

13 INT 3

10 EGO 0

20 PRE 10

14 COM 2

8/28 PD 4

8/28 ED 4

3/5 SPD 2

8 REC 0

40 END 0

40/50 STUN 5

8" RUN 4

4" SWIM 2

4"/10" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 100

Cost Power

Progenitor Battlesuit, all slots OIF (-1/2)

16 1) Armor (8 PD/8 ED) (24 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

15 2) +30 STR (30 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), OIF (-1/2)

7 3) +5 DEX (15 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), OIF (-1/2)

5 4) +5 CON (10 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), OIF (-1/2)

13 5) +2 SPD (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

7 6) +10 STUN (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

11 7) Endurance Reserve (60 END, 10 REC) (16 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

13 8) LS (Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (20 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

9 9) Shape Shift (Sight Group), Imitation (20 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4), OIF (-1/2)

21 10) +4 with All Combat (32 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

7 11) Defense Maneuver I-IV (10 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

17 Progenitor Battlesuit: Elemental Control, 50-point powers, (25 Active Points); all slots OIF (-1/2)

17 1) EB 10d6 (50 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

17 2) Flight 20", x8 Noncombat (50 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

17 3) Force Field (12 PD/12 ED) (Protect Carried Items), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Hardened (+1/4) (51 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

Powers Cost: 192

Cost Skill

2 AK: Tulsa, Oklahoma 11-

0 Acting 8-

3 Breakfall 13- (14-)

3 Climbing 13- (14-)

3 Paramedics 12-

3 Conversation 13-

3 Criminology 12-

3 Deduction 12-

3 High Society 13-

3 Interrogation 13-

0 Language: English (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)

0 PS: Security Guard (Everyman Skill) 11-

2 PS: Superhero 11-

2 PS: Disaster Assistance Responder 11-

3 Persuasion 13-

3 Scholar

1 1) KS: Ciminal Law and Procedure (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2) KS: Current Events (2 Active Points) 11-

0 3) KS: First Responder Procedures 8-

1 4) KS: Progenitor/Elder Worm History (2 Active Points) 11-

1 5) KS: Superpowers (2 Active Points) 11-

1 6) KS: The Criminal Underworld (2 Active Points) 11-

1 7) KS: The Law Enforcement World (2 Active Points) 11-

1 8) KS: The Superhuman World (2 Active Points) 11-

3 Seduction 13-

3 Shadowing 12-

3 Stealth 13- (14-)

3 Streetwise 13-

3 Tactics 12-

Skills Cost: 58

Total Character Cost: 350

Pts. Disadvantage

5 DNPC: Lady Blue 11- (As powerful as the PC)

10 Distinctive Features: Battlesuit (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

20 Enraged: When Innocents Harmed (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 11-

15 Hunted: PRIMUS 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

15 Hunted: GMO 11- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: VIPER 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Psychological Limitation: Dedicated to Justice (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common, Total)

15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major)

10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Light Based Attacks (Uncommon)

10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Heat Based Attacks (Uncommon)

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Re: Sunburst (PRIMUS Interdiction Team)

Hero Central: PRIMUS Interdiction Team

In Character 20 Questions: The PRIMUS and Psi-Ops Interview

1. Who were your parents? Did they raise you? If not why? If not them who? What is your current relationship with the person/people?

Brandon and Kerry Ward raised me and my twin Scott. I currently live in the guest house on my parents estate.

2. Did you have any childhood friends? Any siblings? Where are they now (if you know)? Do you stay in touch? Why or why not?

Yes, several, but we do not keep in contact. I did attend the ten year reunion though. I do not keep in touch because my job and responsibilities keep me busy.

3. What sort of childhood did you have? Try to give more than one word for a response. "Normal" isn't as good as "I had an uneventful suburban childhood with no major family drama to speak of." I was you average big kid. We, my brother an I rarely got into fights (with other people). No one wanted to fight the both of us. I was the social one and Scott the jock. We both dreamed of following out parents into the military, but for me it was half hearted.

4. Who is/are your role model(s)? Why?

My brother Scott, local LEO's, and of coarse the Golden Avenger (Don't tell him that please!).

5. Prior to becoming a superhero, what did you do for a living? Were you trained to be a superhero? By whom? What sort of relationship did you have with your mentor/master?

Combat Medic, Security Guard, and First Responder. I never received training, just some advice from other Superheroes I met and the Battlesuit.

6. (This is a hard one) What are your ethical beliefs? Moral beliefs? These can vary greatly. There were Samurai, for example, that valued honor above even their own safety.

I guess I am a lapsed Christian. I strongly believe that the strong should defend the weak and that everyone deserves a justice. It is not something that is popular or politically correct, but it is what I believe.

7. Do you have any unusual habits or physical traits that are noticeable or easy to identify you by? Where do they come from?

Protecting innocents comes first. VIPER has used that against me several times. The Battlesuit does a great job of concealing my Secret Identity.

8. If you meet someone for the first time, what is your general reaction? Why?

Depends entirely on the situation. My first priority is the safety of the innocent. After that I try to talk and later if necessary make a citizens arrest if required.

9. How do you feel about killing? When did you decide (or learn) that you could or could not? Why would you kill someone? Do you have any true enemies? Would you be able to kill them?

Killing is against my beliefs, but if it is the only way to save an innocent I would. It would haunt me though. VIPER hunts me like I hunt them went opportunity presents itself. I have managed to make a few enemies of a few supervillains, but mostly I end up face off against Tachyon for some reason.

10. Detail some of your relationships? Do you have any close friends? Any bitter rivals? A girl/boyfriend, or a husband/wife? How do you act around them?

I have a strange relationship with another Battlesuit wearing woman. I am close with my parents. Currently single though. My parents know something is up, but I hope not the truth.

11. What sort of things do you have bad reactions to? Do you have any phobias or intense dislikes?

Violence or Killing of Innocents. I tend to lose it. I am not particularly fond of VIPER's brand of terrorism and strike out at them at ever opportunity.

12. How quickly can you learn to trust somebody? How fully do you trust people?

Like everyone else I guess it just takes time, but I tend to trust LEO's, First Responders, and known Superheroes pretty quick.

13. Describe your physical appearance. This includes style, manner of dress, any tattoos or piercings, any deformities or physical defects or injuries.

No, I am big healthy guy to begin with and the Battlesuit is distinctive, but the Holographic Disguise function keeps thing interesting.

14. Do you have a daily routine? How do you handle interruptions and changes to it?

I work Part Time and Casual Security for the County Sheriff's department. They like me, but my other job has kept me from advancing. I do the best I can, but if it comes to getting fired to save an innocent that's what I will accept the consequences.

15. Were you present for any major event in the world, historical or otherwise? Did it affect you? If so, how?

The loss of my brother Scott in Afghanistan and the Upper Big Branch Mine disaster both deeply effected me. The second because VIPER got away with it. The first because he's my brother.

16. Is your lineage, ancestry, or family name known for anything? Does this affect you?

I am proud of my family's history and will try not to dishonor it, but it does not really affect me in day to day decisions.

17. Where are you from? Where are your parents from? Do you embrace their culture?

(Campaign City), USA. My parents are from (Campaign City) and I am proud to be American.

18. What are your dreams and/or ambitions. What are your lifelong goals?

To full fill my responsibilities as wearer of the Battlesuit and save lives.

19. What are you doing to seek to obtain them? How does adventuring fit into this dream, or does it at all?

Fighting crime, supervillains, and aiding first responders.

20. How do you feel about the opposite gender. Again, your answer should be detailed. Men, do you hold the door for ladies at any chance? Do you think all women are crazy? Women, do you let the men buy you a drink? Do you drink it? Do either of you have a significant other in your life? Do you ultimately want to meet one? Does/will they know about your superhero career? Do you plan to have a family someday.

I like them, a lot. I was born in the southern state and we try to be Gentlemanly to them. I hope I am not a chauvinist, but it is a man's place to protect a woman. Women certainly are more complex than men folk. I read a lot about them at work. I do hope to have a family someday.

Thank you

QM

Re: Sunburst (Hear Central: PRIMUS Interdiction Team)

Yeah, I forgot to add that paragraph. Now I got to find it. Sunburst responded to a natural disaster flood in progress. Struggling to brace a dike when Lady Blue lent a hand. They worked tirelessly through the night and through the next day. When they were done they were both surprised by the bond that had formed. Too tired to move or sleep they talked through the night. Finally they went their separate ways.

Their paths crossed again a week later while he was battling the Warlord's Supervillain minions downtown. Sunburst was trying to fight back, but kept having to break off to prevent collateral damage. Lady Blue appeared from nowhere and secured the battleground by protecting civilians and allowing him to concentrate his full attention on Warcry and Warhead. He took Warcry down, but Warhead evac'd his teammate and escaped. He found a squad of Shadow Soldiers unconscious, but no sigh of Lady Blue or their prize.

Sunburst and Lady Blue met again the next day and he managed to ask her out for a coffee and scone. Their mutual attraction and respect for life bonded them together and it has been a stormy relationship ever since.

Texting reply

QM