Madame Echidna, maker of Monsters (1239 pt Mastervillain)

Enforcer84

Re: Madame Echidna, maker of Monsters (1239 pt Mastervillain)

I'll use her name as is. Jokes like that ( by a player not a character) would simply be a litmus test of classical ignorance in our group and a source of disdain.

Odd, since the jokes at least partly depend on an awareness of the classical reference.

Also, they are quite likely to come up in character anyway. Even "serious" characters can have wisecracking teenage sidekicks.

Whatever floats your boat though.

Odd, since the jokes at least partly depend on an awareness of the classical reference.

Also, they are quite likely to come up in character anyway. Even "serious" characters can have wisecracking teenage sidekicks.

I now have to give her an echidna pet...:)

Guest steamteck

Not that I saw but OK. The in character jokes are fine. What I objected to was the concept expressed by you that the jokes would somehow invalidate the character name being used.

What I objected to was the concept expressed by you that the jokes would somehow invalidate the character name being used.

The problem is that the jokes could end up being what defines the character.

The jokes will happen, and there is nothing you can do to prevent them from happening except not putting out the straight line in the first place.

Guest steamteck

The jokes will happen, and there is nothing you can do to prevent them from happening except not putting out the straight line in the first place.

That's actually very rarely happened to me and never with classical mythology referances. Every once and a while a villain that really itimidates the group gets a pet name but that's about it. My group likes worthy adversaries so doesn't tend to demean them because it would deamean themselves.

Point taken. But I don't worry too much.