Alternate Form: Car

I have the idea for a character that can, among other things, transform herself into vehicles.

Not all of them are your typical, current technology car. In fact most of them will be fliers, tanks or antigrav-vehicles. But generally they will be vehicles.

For the primary rules construct I think there are two variants, depending on SFX:

1. Multiform:

The Characters Body is the Vehicle body. For all intents, this is just a character in the form of a vehicle.

2. Summon + Desoldification:

There is a "shell" in the form of a vehicle formed around the characters physical body, but the body stays normal but is unable to act (with the exception of steering the vehicle). Damage to the vehicle will not nessesarily damage the character. For most part the character is nearly invulnerable, but attacks targetting the character on the inside (asuming they overcome the vehicles armor) or attacks that totally wrack the vehicle will still have effect (that is why I chose desolidification).

System is 6E.

Now the questions:

Are there other ways to make this, that I overlooked?

Has anybody ever done such a thing?

How would you build the part at which variant 1 can carry and protect people? Simple UOO's?

What senses/powers would variant 2 require to percieve the surroundings?

Re: Alternate Form: Car

Definitely Multiform. I've designed a Transformer or two that way; Multiform is needed because abilities and Disadvantages change significantly if you go from being humanoid to a car (no hands, issues with certain types of terrain, turn mode on your running, etc). Protecting passengers would be Armor Useable By Others, carrying passengers is just a function of strength (you're literally carrying them).

Re: Alternate Form: Car

I have the idea for a character that can, among other things, transform herself into vehicles.

Not all of them are your typical, current technology car. In fact most of them will be fliers, tanks or antigrav-vehicles. But generally they will be vehicles.

For the primary rules construct I think there are two variants, depending on SFX:

1. Multiform:

The Characters Body is the Vehicle body. For all intents, this is just a character in the form of a vehicle.

2. Summon + Desoldification:

There is a "shell" in the form of a vehicle formed around the characters physical body, but the body stays normal but is unable to act (with the exception of steering the vehicle). Damage to the vehicle will not nessesarily damage the character. For most part the character is nearly invulnerable, but attacks targetting the character on the inside (asuming they overcome the vehicles armor) or attacks that totally wrack the vehicle will still have effect (that is why I chose desolidification).

System is 6E.

Now the questions:

Are there other ways to make this, that I overlooked?

Has anybody ever done such a thing?

How would you build the part at which variant 1 can carry and protect people? Simple UOO's?

What senses/powers would variant 2 require to percieve the surroundings?

You can Multiform into a Vehicle. As such you can do anything a vehicle can do (Vehicle man, vehicle man, does anything a vehicle can....ahem, sorry.)

That includes carry and protect passengers, and you don't need Usable On Others any more than any other Vehicle does. What you DO need is something to represent that THIS Vehicle is self willed and has a mind of its own, and also you probably need to buy Senses.

One way to do it would be to give the vehicle an AI. Or I would say you can buy INT and EGO as Powers, and take a Complication: Human Mind (since normally a Vehicle is immune to most Mental Powers, PRE attacks, etc.)

Yet another way may be to use the normal character template rather than the Vehicle one, use things like the Automaton Powers to become more "machine like" and not take STUN etc (but this gets expensive) and buy Resistant Protection with "Protects carried items." If you're big and strong enough, passengers would be "carried items."

Lucius Alexander

Carried by a palindromedary