Using 6th edition villains in a 5th edition Campaign

Tech

I do not have the 6th edition books, nor at this point in time, able to afford them. I'm aware of some of the newer powers and figured them out just by looking at some 6th edition fan-made characters posted on these forums. How difficult would it be to use some 6th edition characters in a 5th edition campaign? The most recent Villains book is 6th edition, of course. So, let me know your opinions please.

Re: Using 6th edition villains in a 5th edition Campaign

You won't have to convert anything really unless you have an OCD complex about character sheets. 6e stuff is backwards compatible. You just gotta know which of the new stats = what figured stat, and things like Damage Negation are a mechanic that works "as is" in a 5e game. Other way around, pretty much the same thing it's just the 5e folks will be packing powers that are gone or changed..*shrug*, they synch well enough with no issues. Really not that much of a difference between the systems. It's like comparing a Turbojet Engine to a Turbofan Engine.

~Rex

Re: Using 6th edition villains in a 5th edition Campaign

Thanks for replying all. I'm not interested in changing them to 5th edition but want to use them "as is". Since Damage Negation was brought up twice, yes, I figured out how it works easily. To further my train of thought from the original post, I'd like to be able to buy the 6e supervillain books so I was wondering how difficult/easy it'd be. Of course, the way a character is built is necessary but many freebies on these forums taken care of that problem. As for other powers, the 5e to 6e conversion & viceversa sheet helps.