Hyper-Intuition Power(s)

Superdragon

Hello and thank you for your time.

I would like any input if possible on how to better translate the "hyper-intuition" ability into game stat form for my 5th edition character.

To clarify, the core concept of my character is a normal athletic human teenager who was abducted off the streets and used as an unwilling test subject used for an enhanced brain/nerve-tweaking experiment. Initially, I was going for Precognitive abilities for my character, but such an ability would be a hassle for my GM to deal with.

The primary idea for his hyper-intuition was to make his an "action-hero" type, his intuition allowing him to mentally adapt and react to situations (mainly combat and dangers involving superhumans) and to come out ahead in such situations. A secondary use for his power is a heightened level of deductive abilities as well.

In the best way that I could break it down: Precognition ...but not quite.

My initial thought on what powers to use were:

Overall Skill Levels

Lighting Reflexes, possibly an extra point in speed

Luck

Danger Sense

Deduction, Enhanced Senses

And possibly Find Weakness as well

As stated above, any input would be appreciated. I'm not sure if I clarified the overall concept or not. If not, please say so, and I'll try to clear things better.

Many thanks for your response to this thread.

Re: Hyper-Intuition Power(s)

That's a pretty good list. I'll throw out a few others.

For defense, Combat Luck is a good choice, although he might still want some kind of combat armor just in case. Depending on how the game is run you might also benefit from Defensive Manuever.

For Enhanced Senses, a simple +3 PER roll can be amazingly effective. You can also buy 360° vision and define it similarly to Danger Sense.

Depending on how intuitive he is, you might buy Analyze Weaknesses, which would let determine Vulnerabilities, Susceptibilties, etc. You want to clear that with the GM first though.

The Overall Levels really cover a lot of what he can do. But you might buy up his DEX and INT anyway because rolls based on those two skills will be the most frequently used and buying them up is cheaper than Overall Levels. He is not necessarily the most intelligent or dexterous person, but because he knows what is coming it appears that way.

If you don't buy him a Martial Arts package (or maybe even if you do), you might consider buying him a Nerve Strike-like power (NND HTH attack) to represent his ability to know exactly where to hit somebody.