Susceptibility to being in alternate Form

Christopher

Hello.

I plan a character with Multiform, whose alternate forms (multiple superheroic forms) are...stressfull and draining for her body. I plan on making this with a succeptibility to "being in alternate form".

While her real form is not that bad (the multiform has a few llimitations), she will be played in a team mostly and whill have a complciation against showing her 'Secret ID' even to teammates (and thus will almost always be in one alternate form when the team is in range).

Now Multiform has this rule that "if not all Forms share a complciation, the likelyhood of affecting the character must take that into account".

So even a distinctive feature like "horrobly disfigured, glowing, 20m tall mutant" would become "concealable" to "easily concealed" if even one other form was just a normal looking human.

Asuming the above and that it will be some relevant game effect (like drain, incompetence) and a longer time peroid (either one or 6 hour periods):

a) On wich form would you allow the complication? The true form, the alternate forms or all of them?

B) if your answer is "all Forms", where would you put the Frequency value?

c) if your answer isn't "all Forms", where would you put the value for Frequency?

Re: Susceptibility to being in alternate Form

This almost sounds like "Susceptibility to being Alive" as the being loses power while in Hero ID. The normal form seems to have a reluctance to stay in Secret ID thus forcing the issue of when they are in Hero ID. Maybe you could make it a SIDE EFFECT limitation on your Multiform thus you can get credit for it.

Re: Susceptibility to being in alternate Form

This sounds a lot like the old Ultraman tv show.

you might find this old thread by Oddhat useful:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/72657-Ultraman?highlight=ultraman

Not quite right. For her it is different.

Her multiform are in large part based on a neural Implant, allowing her call forth her heroic ID's equipment (or equipment options). The problem is, it is somwhat strenous to use it for logner times. During her "behind the scene solo adventures" it will be not much of a problem, but here only the team part adventures will play a role.

About Side Effect:

Not reall an option. It mostly does instant effects. While I could Advantage and Limit it to work exactly as I want, modifying Side Effects that much is a bit problematic.

I would prefer to use a Complication and use a time value that the GM can decide about it affectin her or not (6 hours seems ideal. It might be hard to plan an adventure that she can finish in one, but he can always say: She was in Heroic ID for 4 Hours before).