February 29th 2012 is fast approaching...

mallet

So I was flipping through some old source books the other night trying to decide what genre of Hero Game I am going to run next and my eyes feel upon the DEMON book. I loved this book and had great fun adapting it to a game I GM'd a few years back.

After flipping though it I noticed that the big "End of the world" plan of Luther Black (Opening the gateway to the Edomites) is suppose to take place on Feb.29th 2012 .

Wow, that's pretty soon.

So a couple of questions.

First, has the DEMON storyline ever been developed more since that source book came out? I'm not up-to-date on Champions books since none of my friends are fans of Super Hero gaming.

Second, if not, do you think we'll ever hear the official version of how Luther Black and DEMON were stopped?

And finally, any GM's out there planning any big sessions for their campaigns dealing with the final endgame in DEMON's centuries long plan?

Re: February 29th 2012 is fast approaching...

Ironically, the Champions Online MMORPG had Luther Black attempt his apotheosis ahead of schedule, in the Demonflame adventure pack. It didn't turn out well for him. That's still available to play BTW.

It's noted in Shadow Destroyer's write-up in Book Of The Destroyer that he was responsible for guiding Luther Black to the Liber Terribilis, intending to use him to strengthen the power of the Qliphoth in Black's world to pave the way for SD's conquest/destruction of it.

For my part, while I'm interested in eventually playing out this storyline, I'm not ready yet. So I'm just moving Black's hundredth birthday forward a few years. ;)