Dungeons, suitable for crawling or delving?

Zeropoint

Re: Dungeons, suitable for crawling or delving?

I was going to go for something along the lines of the size and nastiness of the rats in the sewers increasing until the town realizes that there's a problem and something needs to be done. The PCs are hired/persuaded/court-ordered/hoodwinked into going down there to see what the problem is and put a stop to it. I've got an image in my head of a bar brawl leading to a community service sentence. :D

I was going to go for something along the lines of the size and nastiness of the rats in the sewers increasing until the town realizes that there's a problem and something needs to be done. The PCs are hired/persuaded/court-ordered/hoodwinked into going down there to see what the problem is and put a stop to it. I've got an image in my head of a bar brawl leading to a community service sentence. :D

Heh...it would be nice if a rat somehow touched off the bar brawl, too. Maybe it runs across the bar girl's foot as she's bringing out a tray of beers, she screams and spills them all over some tough guy who sees nothing wrong with beating up a woman. No decent PC will allow that.

I have to admit, I really dig the GW/Warhammer style ratmen. Skaven was my first and favorite army, and I've always admired the aesthetic and culture they developed for them.

That, and I really dig Lankhmar style city games, but have never really gotten into the whole wererat thing.

this sort of thing would be perfect for that style of ratmen... a few infiltrators have set up camp deep in the sewers are are leaving out bait for the local sewer rats that is changing them, first making them fearless and aggressive, then gradually mutating them.

Or

It could be a side effect of a mutenagenic toxin used by assassins being ingested in minute amounts by said sewer rats when they consume the corpses the assassins ditch in the sewers. Investigating the funny acting rats leads to the part of the sewer with the giant rats, which leads to the larger mystery...

Well a twist on your all at a bar, could be your all in the jail house (for various reasons) and the Mayor/Prince has an offer you can't refuse. Or if you needed persuaded, there is a fight (ps's don't have to even be there) and being strangers/foreigners are automatically accussed and "asked" to do communtiy service.