Upgrades for Timelapse

phoenix240

I plan on using Timelapse (from Champions Solo villains) in an up coming series of scenarios. But I'd like to flesh out his power set a little more. Right now he's kind of a one trick pony and the trick is a little much for my PCs to handle if it was used on the constantly. So I'd like to give him some more offensive opt4ions and other abilities that work with his general theme and special effects. Does anyone have suggestions?

Re: Upgrades for Timelapse

Thanks! I think Timelapse is in Villains' date=' Vandals and Vermin too, if it helps.[/quote']

I do not yet have eather book, so I can not simply tell you what you could do with him without knowing the charaters background and special effects.

But, if I had to guess, he is an evil time manipulator, right?

Powers which come to mind:

Extra-Dimentinal Transport, Usable By Others (as attack).

RKA, NND (time powers, imortality, regeneration), Does Body ("entropy attack")

Entangle ("traped in time statis bubble")

Duplication ("future selves/past selves")

Replay (from APG2...never a faverote but...)

Time Stop (again from APG2, not recomended)

Teleportation ("stop time, walk, start time")

Transformation (age to babyhood, age to senorhood)

Now, the main thing is to find powers which suit him without steping on Caption Crono's toes.

Yep. I don't want to give away too much about a published character but I think its safe to say that Timelapse is a villainous temporal manipulator who's main (and currently only) schtick is his ability to rapid age or make his targets younger. He can age objects and people until they crumble to dust (large NND RKA that does body). Right now that's his sole offensive power.

I do not yet have eather book, so I can not simply tell you what you could do with him without knowing the charaters background and special effects.

But, if I had to guess, he is an evil time manipulator, right?

Powers which come to mind:

Extra-Dimentinal Transport, Usable By Others (as attack).

RKA, NND (time powers, imortality, regeneration), Does Body ("entropy attack")

Entangle ("traped in time statis bubble")

Duplication ("future selves/past selves")

Replay (from APG2...never a faverote but...)

Time Stop (again from APG2, not recomended)

Teleportation ("stop time, walk, start time")

Transformation (age to babyhood, age to senorhood)

Now, the main thing is to find powers which suit him without steping on Caption Crono's toes.

Thanks. I have to spread some Rep around before I can give you some.

Thanks for the 'almost rep'. I understand, as I have been there also (needing to spreed rep before I can thank someone for an ideal).

Now that I know what Timelapse's stick is (ageing things), I can give you a more detailed thought on how to make him more than a one trick pony (with his strong NND Does Body attack).

1) Welcome To Senorhood: This is a stright Transformation attack, NND (Imortality, time powers) which basicly applies the senor template as the base to the charater. Make shure you rewrite all affectable charaters using the Senor Citizen as a base line (to save time). Note: How that effects powers is up to the GM. I sergest not a reduction in them, but prehaps adding the Concentration ( half DCV) in Inacurate (half OCV) to all powers based on skill (thay are funconly out of practus once aged), and do not reduce INT and EGO at all (unless a charater is prone to Alshimers (sp?) or some other memory rotting condition of getting older).

2) It is safe to asume that he can turn back the hands of time on all objects he aged the $hit out of. This would be a Transformation (Dust to Object), Focus (dust pile), Limited Power (can only use piles of dust which he used his main attack on), as sergestions. Note: A person killed by his age to dust attack can not be returned to life, but he can be returned to a well perserved corpse. Objects agged to dust return to the condition thay are before being agged.

3) If he can turn piles of dust back into objects, he can also deage objects or people. That would also be Transformation, using on people the Small Child as a template.

4) If he can age/deage others, why can't he do it to himself? That would be a Shapeshift (into older looking/younger looking self).