Regeneration again

Ndreare

All this talk about regeneration makes me want to revise an old character Proti'an (a character inspired by Carnage and Venom but good in nature).

His regenerations bruns callories so I wanted to give his regenration a minor limitations.

Functionally his defences and regeneration are always on. However whenever they happen they burn end. I know this is less valuable than Cost end and was thinking a limitation of -1/4 cost end when triggered.

So the question is, would this be a real limitation for a character with 20 recovery. The idea was he would be forced to take recoveries.

Re: Regeneration again

One of the APG's has "Damage based Endurance Cost". It's a -1/2, the powers costs end to activate and you ahve to pay 1 END/5 STUN that go against the defense (that includes all the attack, not just the amount stopped by the defense).

taking Endurance Limitations as written also makes this a Constant power. And it stops working once he looses consciousness (as he doesn't has end when K.O.). I think a Side Effect with Endurance Drain might work for what you intend.

Re: Regeneration again

"A third option is to define the Side Effect as always occurring whenever a character does something or has something happen to him." - 6E1 393

Asuming he can't supress his Regeneration/Defense, I would not apply the usual "1/4 less limitation" penalty for it.

A Minor Side Effect should be enough (-1/4) and be good for about 2d6 of Drain Endurance, or 1D6 with some decreased recovery (to get from 10 to 15 points).