Mutant with Hyper-Intelligence and a Computer Brain

TheNaga

What would you see these my mutant known as Brainchild as having as its characteristic if powers Hyper-Intelligence, Tentacles (protruding from its back), and Computer Brain? He has Computer-Like Thinking: +15 INT. I would like this character to be the smartest being on earth that has every existed. Right now his INT in the characteristic section is 30. Would it have any psionic powers? What are some characters I can look that have a hyper-intelligence and/or computer like brain as their powers? I saw on the boards that Enforce 84 has given his write-up of the Leader hyper-intelligence.

The following description might look my character know as Brain in the post Alien with a Brain. So how would I change the description to be different but still keep the eyes, skin color, and neck? I would also like the character to gave a large cranium that is semi-transparent making its brain visible.

It is a humanoid that towers a full eight feet in height that has no gender. Its smooth hairless body has skin that is silvery-white in color. The bones are made of a strong internal network of fibers. Its long neck is twice as long as the neck of a human. The neck is exceptionally, nimble, allowing it to turn its head completely around with no effort. The large head has an extended cranium that is six inches tall. The cranium houses an equally large brain. Its cranium is semi-transparent making its brain visible. The face is featureless except for five solid glassy coated eyes. Two eyes are set on short flexible eyestalks. The two eyestalks can bend to look up, down and backwards without moving its head. Three eyes are found in the center of its forehead. It breathes through its skin. In place of each arm, it has a knot of flesh at each shoulder, from which it has three highly flexible prehensile nightmarish looking tentacles. Both of its feet have two toes. Its blood is metallic blue in color, similar to quicksilver

It has six nightmarish looking tentacles protruding from its back that split at the end, into three radial “fingers.” Would you see them as having fine manipulation? What would be the normal range of reach for the tentacles?

Re: Mutant with Hyper-Intelligence and a Computer Brain

What would you see these my mutant known as Brainchild as having as its characteristic if powers Hyper-Intelligence' date=' Tentacles (protruding from its back), and Computer Brain? He has Computer-Like Thinking: +15 INT. I would like this character to be the smartest being on earth that has every existed.[/quote']

Then you need GM buy-in that he can be the smartest being that has ever existed on earth, and his assessment of that INT level. He will know the INT of relevant NPC's in his game. We don't. My guess is 30 won't cut it.

Would it have any psionic powers?

Do you want it to? Reed Richards has none. Neither does Brainiac 5. Many psionic characters in the source material aren't that smart. There's no automatic link between INT and psionic powers in Hero - Ego is the stat most associated with psionics.

What are some characters I can look that have a hyper-intelligence and/or computer like brain as their powers? I saw on the boards that Enforce 84 has given his write-up of the Leader hyper-intelligence.

Susano has lots of writeups on his web site. Other board posters also do. Run a search for Supers you associate with high INT in the forum search and I suspect you'll find some writeups.

The following description might look my character know as Brain in the post Alien with a Brain. So how would I change the description to be different but still keep the eyes' date=' skin color, and neck? I would also like the character to gave a large cranium that is semi-transparent making its brain visible. [/quote']

We can't tell you what your character looks like. You would be different if you changed height, weight, build, proportions or hair colour.

It is a humanoid that towers a full eight feet in height that has no gender. Its smooth hairless body has skin that is silvery-white in color. The bones are made of a strong internal network of fibers. Its long neck is twice as long as the neck of a human. The neck is exceptionally' date=' nimble, allowing it to turn its head completely around with no effort. The large head has an extended cranium that is six inches tall. The cranium houses an equally large brain. Its cranium is semi-transparent making its brain visible. The face is featureless except for five solid glassy coated eyes. Two eyes are set on short flexible eyestalks. The two eyestalks can bend to look up, down and backwards without moving its head. Three eyes are found in the center of its forehead. It breathes through its skin. In place of each arm, it has a knot of flesh at each shoulder, from which it has three highly flexible prehensile nightmarish looking tentacles. Both of its feet have two toes. Its blood is metallic blue in color, similar to quicksilver[/quote']

The one thing I do see is 360 degree vision should be a purchase, since he appears able to see in all directions at once. I'm not sure how looking at it tells me about its bones and blood. Are we assumed to have killed this vile monster?

It has six nightmarish looking tentacles protruding from its back that split at the end' date=' into three radial “fingers.” Would you see them as having fine manipulation? What would be the normal range of reach for the tentacles?[/quote']

Do YOU see them as having fine manipulation? The normal reach is the same as every character's normal reach. If you want to be able to reach beyond the adjacent space, that is a power you pay for, not a free benefit of your description. So how long do you think he should be able to reach?

This character is going to be one of my first characters to within within the Champions RPG.

The tentacles have fine manipulation because another character has the exact same tentacles and he can use them to wields weapons.

The character is going to be a dimensional travel with hyper-intelligence, tentacles, and a computer-like brain.

I am not sure on how to explain why he was born with the following dimensional based powers.

55 Dimension-Walking: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Any Dimension, Any Location), x4 Increased Weight

39 Multi-Dimensional Form: (Total: 30 Active Cost, 30 Real Cost) +15 Mental Defense (15 points total) (Real Cost: 15) plus Power Defense (15 points) (Real Cost: 15)

Are their any characters I could look to get an idea on what skills I should think about giving him as a dimensional travel?

This character is going to be one of my first characters to within within the Champions RPG.

The tentacles have fine manipulation because another character has the exact same tentacles and he can use them to wields weapons.

Again, keep in mind how the Champions rules work. If the character will regularly carry weapons, he has to pay for them with character points.

I am not sure on how to explain why he was born with the following dimensional based powers.

55 Dimension-Walking: Extra-Dimensional Movement (Any Dimension, Any Location), x4 Increased Weight

39 Multi-Dimensional Form: (Total: 30 Active Cost, 30 Real Cost) +15 Mental Defense (15 points total) (Real Cost: 15) plus Power Defense (15 points) (Real Cost: 15)

How do you get 39 points out of two 15 point powers?

This is another area for GM discussion - unless the game will feature dimensional travel fairly extensively, I suspect you may find that 55 points generates limited, if any, value.

Given the character is "truly alien", what motivates it to stick around our dimension, much less our planet, and be involved in a super hero team?

He was sent to study earth.

That's a decent start, but either you or the GM or both of you together will need to work out more detail. Like what the character's superiors hope to do with the info, and how acting as a superhero might help or hinder those goals. Or whether or not the study is a secret from the entire world, or do the other PCs know,etc.

How can i expand he was sent to study earth so i can start writing his history?.

Start with "why". Why was he sent to study Earth in the first place? To see if we're sufficiently morally developed to join the Interdimensional Federation? As a warm up for an invasion? Scientific curiosity? Does your character even know, or is he just following orders?

Is he studying the planet as a whole, or does he have a specific focus, like genetics or history? That would have an influence on the skills you pick. Or vice versa.

Are you the first alien to come to your GM's world?

I know own reason is Scientific curiosity. The other reason I have so far to see if the time is right to reveal themselves to the people of earth.

Gotcha. If you're going to be publically active as a superhero, though, you will have in some way already revealed yourself to the people of Earth.

What could you see this character as looking like if the following is found in the character's home dimension? If I go with that I have on the creature describe below the dimension the character comes from is 85% water and 15% land. The land in their dimension is made up of one large continent.

The character is simultaneous hermaphroditic (adult organism that has both male and female sexual organs at the same time).

An Ancarotaur resembles a gigantic, extremely horrific looking starfish. Its smooth rubbery skin is oily and dark as the darkest night in color. Instead of the starfish arms, it has twelve symmetrically spaced incredibly flexible appendages. Two of its appendages are tentacles, measuring forty feet in length. Both of these tentacles have small but strong white sucker-like disks that are aligned in four rows. Each of its suckers is ringed with sharp teeth. These two tentacles are the most flexible of all its appendages. Four of the appendages split at the end, into three radial “fingers.” Another four of the appendages are nightmarish looking tentacles. A single vicious looking barbed claw is found at the end of these tentacles. Another two of its appendage are tentacles. At the end of these two tentacles is a vicious looking mouth. Each mouth is lined with a double row of eight inches long razor sharp pointed teeth. In its central disk, it has three round glaring red eyes that measure two feet in diameter set in an upside down triangle pattern. Above each of those eyes is a thick brow ridge. On both of each side of those eyes is a glaring red that measures six feet in diameter. All the eyes have a large rectangular shaped pupil. Below all of its eyes is a large powerful round mouth lined with sharp, serrated, triangular teeth. Instead of a normal tongue their mouth has five black tentacle-like tongues that when fully extended, are about a third the length of their body.

So we're now dealing with a giant starfish race that lives in a desert. This one is a mutant with a hyper-intelligent computer brain.Does that bring us up to speed on where the thread has gotten to?
You forgot that despite looking like a starfish it has rubbery skin and 12 limbs. I'm not exactly sure how exactly it looks like a starfish...

This starfish has twelve arms. http://www.glaucus.org.uk/Sunstar116e.jpg

The character is not an Ancarotaur. The Ancarotaur are denominational being. just happen to have the same home dimension as these character and his race.

In Rifts RPG which is where the Ancarotaur where created for they are Ancarotaur are Alien Intelligences. Alien Intelligences are fictional, vastly powerful beings of unknown origin that are stated to be a combination of equal parts spirit, magical energy, and physical flesh. They are said to exist on different planes of existence simultaneously, and in the Palladium hierarchy of powers, most Alien Intelligences, apart from the Vampire Intelligences, are more powerful than the mightiest Gods in Palladium.

The picture in the link is what give me the idea on making the Ancarotaur

http://www.ravenmimura.com/images/full/Mindwitness.jpg

So, what in that picture screams "four color super hero"? If it's on the cover of a Justice League or Avengers book, would you expect it to be the new member, or the alien invader? As a general rule, the former would make a much better PC than the latter.

Are you refer in the the star-like thing I described? If you are then Ancarotaur are another race of being found on this character's home dimension. I mentioned them because I was looking for help in make my character's looks. This reason for the character for coming to our own dimension is Scientific curiosity. The other reason I have so far to see if the time is right to reveal themselves to the people of earth. His race always studies other being/race before they reveal themselves to them. His race is benevolent.

Are you refer in the the star-like thing I described?

Neither of the linked pictures, nor your description, screams "four colour super hero" to me. If the race is advanced, they have some knowledge of dimensional travel and interaction with vastly different other species, and they commonly study other races, I would rather suspect they have come up with some means of disguising their true appearance to appear more typical of the environment they have entered, and the race they wish to study. Especially if they have members who are hyper-intelligent.

Such altered appearances are a pretty standard comic book trope in more recent years (previously, pretty much every alien race was similar to humans if their members would be heroes). The Martian Manhunter shapeshifts to a more human appearance, the Uranian telepathically projects a human appearance, etc.

If you are then Ancarotaur are another race of being found on this character's home dimension. I mentioned them because I was looking for help in make my character's looks. This reason for the character for coming to our own dimension is Scientific curiosity. The other reason I have so far to see if the time is right to reveal themselves to the people of earth. His race always studies other being/race before they reveal themselves to them. His race is benevolent.

benevolence takes many forms. A writeup of your character's personality (not what others see, but the character's own goals, objectives, motivations and values) would add a lot to your character descriptions. "Scientific curiosity" can mean many things. The Star Trek prime directive or Marvel's Watchers ("look but do not interfere"); let's catch some for our zoo or for vivisection; let's make new friends; let's hand out our technology and help them advance; the poor creatures need our guidance so we will take over; though primitive, they possess a certain nobility - we can learn from them; lots of possible interpretations, some much more heroic than others.