Master Villains Mirror Mirror challenge

phoenix240

Re: Master Villains Mirror Mirror challenge

How about Telios? He could be pretty heroic if he strove to be as advanced spiritually and ethically as he is physically and mentally.

The woman lay in the hospital bed unable to move. Being trapped in her own body still scared the hell out of her as nothing else could. The bullet to her neck was something she'd expected back when she was in Afghanistan, not on the streets of her Texan home town. Hell, she couldn't even remember the name of the little girl she'd leaped in front of when that cartel's bully boys went on a shooting spree across the border.

She wasn't even sure why she did it. Instinct? Training? Just something stupid way down inside?

The reward she'd earned was the loss of control of her own body of everything from the neck down.

She muttered out loud to herself, "You'd do it again, you stupid @@@@, you know you would."

"Yes, I believe you would," came a voice.

Susan's eyes widened. She thought she was alone in this room. She didn't hear the door open after all. "Who's there?"

"An admirer who needs your help, Sergeant," said the voice.

"Yeah, I'll be a BIG help," she snorted, "I'm sorry, give me a few weeks and maybe I'll be embracing my condition with nobility and all that. I'll be the shining role model facing her disability everyone wants me to be, but right now? I just want to feel sorry for myself and cuss about how much this sucks!"

"You really would do it all over again, wouldn't you?"

"Yeah, but I'd try to move a bit faster and a bit more to the left when I did it," She confessed.

"I thought so," and for the first time she saw her interviewer, or at least his hand. It was bearing a needle.

"Hey!" She panicked.

But it was too late, the needle slid into her neck. It didn't sting as much as she thought it should, "You son of a..." She started to spit, then choked in surprise. The stinging had turned into an odd tingling sensation. The sensation was going through her arms! "My arms, I think I can feel my arms!" Anger turned to joy.

Christ, she thought, I'm crying!

"In two hours, you'll have full use of your limbs," said the voice. Whoever he was, he was wearing a labcoat. "In five, you'll have the agility of a master gymnast and the speed of an Olympic sprinter. Twenty four hours from now, you'll be able to outrun a sports car easily. You will continue to have regenerative properties and you'll be able to project a sort of personal field or buffer to keep you from the worst, but you won't be invulnerable. Remember that. You were released from military service? I do not wish to have my gifts weaponized by any government."

"Yes, yes, but how... how are you doing this? WHY are you doing this?" She managed to choke out. She managed to twist her neck. She saw a lab coat, and a handsome blond man with incredibly gentle eyes.

He stepped back, as if embarrassed by being seen, "I retrieved samples of your DNA from the hospital lab tests. I studied it for compatibility, and found what powers would suit you best. Most importantly, I've learned what kind of woman you are, Sgt. You are a hero. You always were. If you stay to the right path, and I am gambling you will, you always will be. I'm just giving you better tools for the task. If you're interested... you'll find a small cardboard box hidden behind the Burger place billboard on Washington street. You know the one?"

"Yes, I do..." she remembered.

"Inside that box will be a costume, resistant to the stresses of your powers. Welcome to super herodom, Susan. If you want it, if you're willing. I assure you, you'll be able," The figure turned to leave.

"Wait!" She called out.

The lab coat clad figure paused.

"Who are you?" She asked, "At least give me a name."

He cleared his throat, "Just call me Teleios. It's really the name of my project more than me. It means... perfection. I know it sounds arrogant, but I really do intend it as a goal for the world and each other, not as vanity."

"The world will never be perfect," Susan wiggled her fingers as she spoke.

"I know," He sighed, "And MY idea of perfect would probably be someone else's nightmare, but the dream... the dream of a better world? That's something we can strive to. It's the struggle that matters, I think."

"Maybe folks should call you 'Doc Quixotic'," Susan said giving a wide grin.

There was a warm laugh, "I'd bear it with pride, but you think of your own superhero name, would you?"

"I will," she confessed, and realized he was right. If he was serious and she got some sort of superpowers, eventually she would use them to help others. She would do it again she'd told herself. That wasn't going to change just because she could do more. "And...thank you. Do you do this a lot?"

"No," he sighed, "I'm more cautious than I used to be. One of my choices went...very very wrong. Still, you aren't the first, and won't be the last. There's a burn ward patient in Chicago, a fireman, who I plan to make a similar offer to. Be well, Susan...and fight for the impossible."

"I will," She repeated.

And he was gone.

"I know' date='" He sighed, "And MY idea of perfect would probably be someone else's night mare, but the dream... the dream of a better world? That's something we can strive to. It's the struggle that matters, I think."[/quote']

Would rep your for it, but can't.

That is exaclty the piece of thinking V'han would need as well to become good.

Would rep your for it, but can't.

That is exaclty the piece of thinking V'han would need as well to become good.

Thanks. The idea of a Teleios counterpart who goes around as a creator of origins is not new to me so it was fun to get to dust it off for this thread. Frankly, I'm tempted to use "Doc Quixotic" in the mainstream CU of my own game. After all, genetics need not be for villains alone. :)