My characters...

Chuckg

I've done enough talking about them in other threads, and so for anybody who cares, I'm going to post their character sheets and writeups.

For anybody who doesn't care, my apologies for the waste of bandwidth -- I've only been here a month or so, I'm not fully up on the etiquette of posting your characters.

Since I do my characters in my own Excel spreadsheet, and not the Heromaker software, I'm not sure if these will format right.

Note -- two of these characters were built for a 750-point campaign, only one of them is a 350-pointer.

("A 750 point campaign?", you might ask? Yup. A 750 point campaign. The purpose of this campaign is to role-play the Champions U equivalent of the Avengers or the JLA... Earth's Mightiest Heroes, a role usually left to NPCs.

Upside of this job -- lots of points, lots of power, lots of epic storylines. Downside of this job -- if you can't get it done then the world is hosed, because the buck stops on *your* team HQ's conference table. The campaign's only on its second session, so we're still seeing how it goes.)

First up -- Starguard.

Starguard -- Character sheet

Name Starguard (aka "Helene")

Player Charles Glasgow

STR 10

DEX 30

CON 30

BODY 30

INT 15

EGO 20

PRE 25

COM 20

PD 10

ED 10

SPD 6

REC 10

END 50

STUN 50

OCV - 10

DCV - 10

ECV - 7

Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

Total Defenses:

30 rPD (10 rPD Hardened)

30 rED (10 rED Hardened)

Power Defense (10 pts)

Powers:

The Power Cosmic:

208 - Variable Power Pool, 80 base + 128 control cost; Cosmic (+2), 0 END (+1/2), Line Of Sight (+1/2),

Limited By Conception (-1/4)

37 - Elemental Control - Cosmic Energy Powers (75 pt powers)

38 - 25" Flight, 0 END (+1/2)

38 - Force Field (20 PD/20 ED), Protects Carried, 0 END (+1/2)

Cosmic-Powered Form:

62 - Life Support: Total (including Longevity: Immortality), Inherent (+1/4)

5 - Hardened (+1/4) w/ 10 PD/10 ED

12 - Damage Resistance (10 PD/ED), Hardened (+1/4)

12 - Regeneration (1 BODY/Turn), Can Heal Limbs, 0 END Persistent (+1), Extra Time (1 Turn) (-1),

Self Only (-1/2)

Basic Cosmic Awareness:

37 - Sense Energy (INT Roll) (no Sense Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Ranged, Targeting

Spiritual Awareness:

9 - Sense Souls (INT Roll) (no Sense Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Ranged, No Conscious Control (-2)

Linguistic Comprehension:

20 - Universal Translator, 12-

20 - +2 Overall Levels

Talents/Perks:

3 - Anonymity

3 - Bump Of Direction

5 - Eidetic Memory

3 - Perfect Pitch

Intellect Skills:

3 - Deduction, 12-

Interaction Skills:

3 - Persuasion, 14-

Background Skills:

6 - Scholar, Jack-of-all-Trades

4 - PS: Cooking, 14-

3 - PS: Singing, 13-

0 - PS: Waitress, 11-

4 - Languages: French (native), English (idiomatic native)

-1 - No TF: Small Ground Vehicles

Disadvantages

15 - Distinctive Features: Cute and innocent-looking (conc w/ effort, prejudice)

20 - Hunted: Mystery Hunted, 8- (more pow, NCI, enslave)

15 - Phys Lim: Amnesia

20 - Psych Lim: Code vs. Killing (Common, Total)

10 - Psych Lim: Desperate For Acceptance (Uncommon, Moderate)

20 - Psych Lim: Novice Hero (Very Common, Strong)

20 - Psych Lim: Takes Her Responsibilities Seriously (Very Common, Strong)

0 - Social Lim: No ID (Occasionally, minor)

25 - Susceptibility: 3d6 Drain/Phase vs. Cosmic Powers if deprived of ambient cosmic energy (uncommon)

5 - Watched: Mystery Watched, 8- (more pow, easy to find)

600 Base + 150 Disadvantages = 750 Total

History -- As those who were carefully reading the Disadvantages list already know, Helene can't remember who the hell she is. And while I have already written most of her history, and most of my fellow players already know big chunks of it, the gradual revelation of the mystery of her past and origin is still going to be a surprise for *somebody*, dammit, even if it's just the audience. :)

What Helene does remember is, obviously, her first name. (Her last name is gone.) She remembers awakening in Millennium City about a week before the game starts. She remembers that she had no documents, no ID, no anything. She remembers finding a job as a waitress in a greasy spoon in one of the less well-off parts of Millennium City, a place where they paid in cash and didn't ask for a Social Security Number. She remembers that she doesn't need to sleep very much and can skip a meal or two, thus helping her get by on the little that she's making. (Actually, with Total Life Support she doesn't need to sleep or eat *at all*, but she's yet to find that out.)

Over the course of the past several days Helene has gradually come to figure out that she's not entirely normal -- she can see in the dark (subliminal use of her Cosmic Awareness) , and occasionally she can look at people who are total strangers and feel as if she knows them inside and out (her No Conscious Control extra-sensory slot). And being very late for work one morning and in a huge rush is how she discovered that she could fly. Further experimentation has revealed to her that she has some type of energy manipulation powers, but she hasn't yet even begun to realize just how much power she truly has.

What The Heck Is Going On? -- OK, while it's going to be revealed gradually in-play, a basic not-too-much-spoiler outline will be given...

What's going on is that a short while ago, a cosmically-powered servitor of [CLASSIFIED] fell to Earth, exhausted and near-death after a life-and-death struggle with an exceptionally powerful extra-dimensional horror. This entity possessed a very small fraction of the Power Cosmic, or it's Champions game-universe equivalent, and used it in the service of good.

Unable to defend itself, it was captured and dissected by the mega-villain [CLASSIFIED], who was attempting to drain the entity's power for its own evil uses. Nearby, in another section of the lab, lay several other test subjects for other projects... among them a young woman named Helene Richer(*), who had been kidnapped quite recently from her home in Canada.

(*) Readers of the "Avalon" webcomic will no doubt at this point be screaming and clutching their heads. Fear not. While her appearance, *some* parts of her personality, and her origin are based upon her namesake character, I am *not* going to playing an utter idiot.

An utter innocent, yes... or as close to one as I can manage... but not an idiot. :)

What followed next proved the folly of messing around with beings of vast but unknown power when you don't know exactly what you're doing. The villain's research facility, along with everything else in the blast radius, vanished in an explosion measured in the dozens of kilotons. UNTIL and DoD investigation teams dispatched to the site found no evidence, no traces, no clues leading to what or who had done this.

The only survivor of that explosion had flown dazedly away over an hour before.

Addendum -- in the first two sessions, the team sorta-kinda formed... we all showed up individually to respond to a sighting of Firewing at Millenium City Hall. While the team-to-be's resident 'Superman' figure, Horus-Re, agreed to duel Firewing one-on-one high over the skies of the city (so as to move the fight to 10,000 feet of altitude and far away from the buildings and innocent bystanders), the rest of us noticed that the Ultimates were using the whole thing as a diversion to sneak towards City Hall. *cue pounding of Ultimates*

Starguard first chose to not just use her powers to covertly observe and radio the MARS unit for help but to actually intervene when the first responding MARS officer (a PC with superhuman dexterity, martial arts skills, and about 150 points worth of MARS Foci weapons) got dropped by an extremely lucky hit from Thunderbolt, and needed saving before he became street pizza. After that, it was just fate. :)

Note -- between the fact that 1) she can't remember she's Canadian, not American and 2) her Comeliness score went about 4 points in the transformation, so her old pictures are out of date (She still has the same face and figure -- roughly -- but she's gone from being ordinary cute to Anime Cuteness Bordering On Drop-Dead Gorgeous, so her parents and friends aren't likely to recognize her on TV without looking verrrrrrrrrrry closely), it's most likely going to take quite a while for the team to figure out who the heck she is.

Appearance -- As already mentioned above, too perfectly damn cute for words. Outside of that... blonde, blue-eyed, athletically petite figure but not overly skinny, a little under five and a half feet, occasionally glows with blazing white aura.

(The costume, when she gets one, is going to be a white bodystocking that goes all the way up to the neck, and has a dark blue stripe running down the left side, with a stylized blue star interrupting it just below her left collarbone.

Subconsciously, she'll be duplicating a costume she drew for a 3rd-grade art project in elementary school long ago, thus leaving a potential clue to her ID... buried in a box full of crayon drawings in her parents' closet.)

Edit -- ah yes, forgot to mention her age. She's 18.

Personality -- Helene is somebody who /has/ to exist in a comic book, because she's too darn nice for real life. Intelligent but sheltered, she is one of those people who manages to balance looking on the sunny side of everything against not being oblivious to reality. Sadness, she's capable of... despair, she's not. Next to her compassion, her strongest trait is a highly developed sense of responsibility -- if she says she'll do something, she'll get it done or die trying. And if she has the power to change something, she'll try to be very careful that she's not doing the wrong thing with it.

At the start of the game she's also very lonely, and not a little uncertain -- after all, she's got no family, no friends, hasn't been living in the friendliest part of town, and her origin trauma has vaporized most of her memories. If (i.e. -- when) she does find someone to fill the role of surrogate family, she might start off being a bit overly clingy or unwilling to contradict him/them.

Team Role -- I pretty much fill the 'Sorceress' role now, although I started off as the Flyign Energy Blaster. She's also filling the Innocent Young Heroine slot, and when she grows some more self-assurance she should move quite naturally into the Voice Of Conscience role.

Helene can also potentially grow to do almost anything with her Power Pool -- provided that she first figures out that she can. Right now, she's only very dimly becoming aware that she's not just a metahuman energy manipulator, but some (unknown) type of powerful magical being... or possibly the host for one...

She's also got a Mysterious Past for the team to investigate, as well as a Mystery Hunted (the villain whose laboratory accident killed the original Power Cosmic wielder and transfigured Helene) that even the player doesn't know who the hell it is -- the DM's going to surprise me with it in the game.

Theme Song -- If you still haven't got a mental image of Starguard, then this should be a big help... players of the "Lunar: Silver Star Story" console RPG already know this one.

http://www.lunareb.com/sounds/lunarsssc/LunasBoatSong.mp3

"Luna's Boat Song"

from "Lunar:Silver Star Story" soundtrack

English version vocals by Jennifer Stigile

Lyrics by Noriyuki Idawore

Wishing on a dream that seems far off

Hoping it will come today

Into the starlit night

Foolish dreamers turn their gaze

Waiting on a shooting star

But... what if that star is not to come?

Will their dreams fade to nothing?

When the horizon darkens most

We all need to believe there is hope

Is an angel watching closely over me?

Can there be a guiding light I've yet to see?

I know my heart should guide me but

There's a hole within my soul

What will fill this emptiness inside of me?

Am I to be satisfied without knowing?

I wish, then for a chance to see

Now all I need (desperately)

Is my star to come...

Character Sheet -- Baron von Darien

Name Baron Aral von Darien (super alias to be determined), aka "Alan DeVries"

Player Charles Glasgow

STR 40

DEX 35

CON 30

BODY 20

INT 23

EGO 45

PRE 25

COM 18

PD 12

ED 12

SPD 7

REC 10

END 30

STUN 50

OCV 12

DCV 12

ECV 15

Phases: 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12

Total Defenses: 30 PD (18 rPD) (6 rPD Hardened)

30 ED (18 rED) (6 rED Hardened)

Powers:

60 Multipower - Vampiric Powers (60 pt reserve)

3 u Vampiric Hypnosis I: 12d6 Mind Control, Must Maintain Eye Contact (-1)

3 u Vampiric Hypnosis II: 6d6 Mind Control, Cumulative x4 (+1), Must Maintain Eye Contact (-1)

1 u Inhuman Stealth: Invisibility vs. Sight Group, 0 END (+1/2), Requires Stealth Roll (-1/2),

Only in Shadows/Darkness (-1/2)

1 u Inhuman Stealth: Invisibility vs. Hearing Group, 0 END (+1/2), Requires Stealth Roll (-1/2)

1 u Climbing Down the Tower: Clinging, Cannot Resist Knockback (-1/4)

1 u Baring The Fangs: +25 PRE, Only for fear/intimidation (-1/2), Requires revealing vampire nature (-1/2)

4 u Body Of Mist: Desolidification (not vs. magic), 0 END (+1/2), Can't Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2)

1 u Body Of Mist: Flight (6"), 0 END (+1/2), Linked to Desolidification (-1/4)

4 u Steel-Hard Fists: 2d6 HKA (4d6 w/ STR), 0 END (+1/2)

2 u Vampiric Bite: 1d6 HKA (2d6 w/ STR), 0 END (+1/2), Continuous (+1), Must Follow Grab (-1/2)

3 u The Dark Embrace: 1d6 Major Transform (human corpse into vampire),

NND (only vs. human recently dead of blood loss) (+1), Does BODY (+1), 0 END (+1/2),

No Range (-1/2)

2 Martial Arts - Kampfringen and Savate (use art barehanded, w/ blades and clubs)

4 Block +2/+2 Block, Abort

4 Disarm -1/+1 STR 60 Disarm

3 Grapple -1/-1 Grab Two Limbs; STR 60

4 Martial Strike +0/+2 12d6 Strike

5 Offensive Strike -2/+1 14d6 Strike

3 Takedown +1/+1 10d6 Strike; Target Falls

8 +2 DCs w/ Martial Arts

50 Undead Being: Total Life Support w/ Immortality

24 Undead Being: Armor (12 PD/12 ED), Not vs. Holy, Fire, or being staked in the heart (-1/2)

28 Vampiric Regeneration: 1 BODY/Turn Regeneration, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection (not vs. burning or

decapitation), 0 END Persistent (+1), Extra Time (1 Turn) (-1), Self Only (-1/2)

6 Vampiric Speed: +3" Running (9" total)

20 Tireless: 0 END on 40 STR

9 Tireless: 0 END on 9" Running

5 Darkvision: Nightvision

5 Animal-Like Senses: Discriminatory Smell

12 Animal-Like Senses: +4 w/ all PER rolls

6 The Ring of Vlaakith: Armor (0 PD/12 ED), Only vs. Sunlight (-1), Independent (-2), IIF Ring (-1/4)

20 +2 Overall Levels

Talents/Perks:

12 Combat Luck (6 rPD/6 rED)

3 Absolute Time Sense

2 Deep Cover: (Alan DeVries)

5 Eidetic Memory

15 Wealth: Filthy Rich

Agility Skills:

3 Breakfall, 16-

3 Combat Driving, 16-

2 PS: Pianist, 16-

3 Riding, 16-

3 Stealth, 16-

3 Teamwork, 16-

Intellect Skills:

1 AK: Europe, 11-

2 AK: United States, 14-

1 AK: World, 11-

3 Deduction, 14-

3 Disguise, 14-

3 Gambling, 14-

1 KS: Ancient History, 11-

2 KS: Arcane and Occult Lore, 14-

1 KS: Asian History, 11-

1 KS: Business Management , 11-

2 KS: Classical Literature, 14-

2 KS: Classical Music, 14-

1 KS: Economics, 11-

2 KS: European History, 14-

1 KS: Kampfringen, 11-

1 KS: Law, 11-

2 KS: Military Strategy, 14-

1 KS: Philosophy 11-

1 KS: Political Science, 11-

2 KS: Psychology, 14-

1 KS: Religion, 11-

1 KS: Savate, 11-

1 KS: Science Fiction, 11-

1 KS: Sociology, 11-

1 KS: The Business/Finance World, 11-

1 KS: The Martial World, 11-

2 KS: The Mystic World, 14-

1 KS: The Superhuman World, 11-

2 KS: US History, 14-

2 KS: Vampires, 14-

2 KS: World History, 14-

2 PS: Chess, 14-

2 PS: Investor, 14-

1 PS: Public Relations, 11-

3 Shadowing, 14-

3 Tactics, 14-

3 Tracking, 14-

Interaction Skills:

3 Acting, 14-

3 Bribery, 14-

3 Conversation, 14-

3 High Society, 14-

3 Interrogation, 14-

3 Oratory, 14-

3 Persuasion, 14-

3 Seduction, 14-

3 Streetwise, 14-

3 Trading, 14-

Background Skills:

12 Scholar, Jack-Of-All-Trades, Linguist, Well-Travelled

12 Language: English, French, German, Italian, Latin, Spanish, (all completely fluent)

0 Language: Russian (native)

0 TF: Small Motorized Ground Vehicles, Motorcycles, Equines

4 WF: Common Melee, Small Arms

Disadvantages

5 Dark Secret: Vampire

5 Dependency: Human blood (1/day) (incompetence, weakness, addiction)

15 Distinctive Features: Vampiric Traits (easily concealable, extreme reaction)*

15 Psych Lim: Cannot Enter A Private Residence Without An Invitation (Common, Total)

15 Psych Lim: Noblesse Oblige (Common, Strong)

20 Psych Lim: Protective of Innocents (Common, Total)

20 Psych Lim: Will Never Break An Oath (Common, Total)

15 Secret Identity (Alan DeVries / Baron von Darien)

15 Susceptibility: Being Staked In the Heart (1d6 BODY/Phase, Uncommon)

15 Susceptibility: Direct Sunlight (1d6 BODY/Phase, Uncommon)*

10 Watched: Trismegistus Council, 8- (More Pow, NCI)

* - The Ring of Vlaakith counteracts both these disadvantages when worn, hence the lowered

frequency of occurrence. Normally, they would be 'not concealable' and/or 'very common'.

600 Base + 150 Disadvantages = 750 total

Note -- the Baron was one of the several characters I originally created for the campaign that I'm running Starguard in, before we recruited another player to be team martial artist and I chose to switch roles. So he hasn't actually been used in play yet, and several parts of his backstory are still TBD. The aforementioned Horus-Re, another PC who's playing the immortal champion of the Valdorian sun god who slept in stasis and periodically arose in eras of great need all throughout history (think Nuada of the Silver Hand meets Hercules: The Legendary Journeys), figures briefly into this.

History:

Long ago, in the Dark Ages, shortly before the death of the great wyrm Blundiskrig (see 5e VIPER sourcebook) at the hands of the great hero Horus-Re (hey, they left it unspecified in canon, so we fitted it in), lived a young mercenary named Aral. When Horus-Re rode to face insurmountable odds at the hands of the great wyrm and the savage barbarian hordes, this young man and his group of sell-swords were the only ones who had the courage to ride with him.

The gods reward the daring. The great wyrm was slain, the barbarian alliance broken. And while the great hero Horus-Re was wounded unto death by the vengeance of Nama, and had to sleep the great sleep for generations, his mortal companions were richly rewarded for their bravery. Gaining a title and a barony, the new Baron von Darien settled down to enjoy the fruits of his labors, meet and marry a good woman, and father a son. All seemed well.

Until the incessant baronial wars of Dark Ages Germany claimed all that he treasured -- his lands, his liegemen, and his family. For while Aral was a swordsman like few others, and a clever and courageous man, he was still only mortal.

The bereft Baron von Darien set out to attain his vengeance against those who had wronged him, by fair means or foul. And he almost succeeded... had almost killed every so-called "noble" on his list... save the last one. For the next-to-last one had dealt him a mortal wound.

But Aral von Darien's struggle vs. hopeless odds had caught the attention of more than mortals. The vampiress Erika, a weak and flighty thing considered a player of no consequence among the machinations of the immortals, sought herself a bodyguard. And who better than a man of such talents... such driving obsession... such utter lack of anything left to live for... and in such dire need of strength beyond strength?

Aral von Darien's reputation for never breaking a sworn oath served him well that black night, as his sire bound him to his word -- servitude and protection for her, in return for the Dark Embrace and the opportunity to finish his vengeance for him. Despairing and dying, he made the devil's bargain.

Only after he killed the last man who had wronged him did the Baron von Darien fully realize into what a world of the damned he had chosen to walk. Yet he was bound by his word, and would not break it. For two centuries he loyally guarded and served his sire, until her own foolishness and pride landed her headlong in a situation that even her loyal protector could not save her from. Fortunately for him, the offended elder held no animus for von Darien, realizing accurately that von Darien had liked her even less than he did.

By this point, von Darien had accumulated a significant amount of respect in the courts of the vampires in his own right. None of his fellow vampires knew how much he hated their kind, or how much connection to humanity he had almost lost yet found again.

And he didn't tell them. Rather than launch a quixotic war as a vampire who hunted vampires, he instead drove himself to stand out even more in their society. He explained his limiting his feeding habits to the non-lethal methods as simple prudence, a means by which to evade or divert possible vampire hunters. He removed vampires he considered too exceedingly dangerous to mortals not by openly denouncing them for their depraved habits, but by finding excuses to quarrel with them inside the conventions of vampire society, and then making those quarrels effectively and thoroughly lethal. In only several centuries more he was a respected elder among his kind, feared for his skill at arms and his strength, and reputed for his merciless temper and bloody thoroughness at the games of vendetta. None of his fellow kind knew his *true* motives.

As a mortal lawkeeper could not hope to be everywhere and stop every crime, the Baron did not torment himself over his failure to stop every vampier or every feeding. He slew as many of his more dangerous fellows as he could, warned off or persuaded from killing mortals as many of his less dangerous fellows as he could, and that was that.

Shortly after, in the late medieval period, the Baron -- by now a highly respected elder -- formulated and then promulgated what he called the Strictures, a code of behavior rigidly limiting vampire depredations and feeding upon the mortals. Selling this to his fellow elders as a necessary means of self-protection vs. the Inquisition, he actually got many of them to agree that it was prudent policy. And so for the first time in millennia, undead society bound itself with strict law and custom that facilitated secret cohabitation with mortals, not outright sack and exploitation of them. And the Baron von Darien, founder of the Strictures, was one of the most respected and prestigious members of this new society.

(Late during this period was the first encounter between the Baron and agents of the Trismegistus Council. A very secret, and at very-arms-length relationship would grow from that encounter.)

At the beginning of the 20th century, what had for some time been suspected was at last confirmed -- the Baron von Darien had done what he had done for the sake of mortals, not for vampires. Even the most cunning and strong-willed of deceivers cannot deceive his fellows indefinitely, and the Strictures were torn down and made no more, and the Baron von Darien declared anathema. But by this point, he had already done his work... vampires had limited themselves for too long, and by now elders were too few in number. They had missed their chance to become the secret masters of the new industrialized world.

Hunted for decades, the Baron survived by very slim margins... margins made much more survivable by his discover of the Ring of Vlaakith, ancient Atlantean artifact that allowed vampires to walk among humans, even in broad daylight, and utterly concealed their undead natures...

Survived until Captain Patriot and der Sturmvogel revealed themselves to the world.

At which point the Baron began to relax. A new age of power was dawning, and if he could survive but a few decades longer, the vampire threat to humanity would be forever vanquished. Faking his death to his fellow kindred in the Blitz, the Baron created a new identity, deeper cover than any masquerade he had ever before done, as Lucian deVries, WWII French refugee and millionaire industrialist. Later on, he would continue that mask as his "son", Alan deVries. Several magical spells of misdirection and disguise, purchased at great cost from the Council, completed this deception.

And for those decades he lay very low, and did... nothing. Nothing at all. Even when he could act, he dared not, for to reveal his continued existence would result in a resumption of the blood hunt.

And so he bided his time... until his old, old friend, the immortal Champion Of The Sun, returned to the world of the living at last. Only this time he was not merely an immortal champion, but a full-fledged demigod, one of Earth's mightiest heroes... the last divine spark of the Valdorian sun god having been given to his last worshipper, as the slow neglect of centuries finally extinquished his divinity.

And with the return of this reminder of his mortal past, of the simple days of glory and honor he had enjoyed, of the time he used to walk in the Sun for real before he damned himself to the Darkness, the Baron eventually came to realize that it was time for him to stop hiding.

Design Notes -- Perceptive people might notice that some of the skills that the Baron's writeup implies he has don't actually exist on his character sheet. That was deliberate... it's to represent about 50 years' worth of skill decay, as he has quite literally sat on his butt and done nothing active for all that time, even if he has been enjoying himself.

You'll also note that the vampiric weaknesses are at a lower severity than usual... he can actually still *keep moving* with a stake in his heart, for one thing, as opposed to dying instantly. This is meant to represent just how damn tough he is... he is one of the eldest surviving European vampires on the planet, and while no amount of age or power or will can overcome his vampiric weaknesses entirely, he can resist them better than almost anyone else.

Personality -- You've probably got a good sense of it already from the writeup above, but in a nutshell -- he's the most iron-hard sonofabitch you ever met. The trials and tribulations of centuries have taken what was already a strong-willed man and made him nigh-unbreakable, with a willpower second to none. This unquenchable drive is tempered only by a strong sense of honor, and a strict dedication to the ideal that the greater are supposed to protect the lesser, not to dominate or harvest them.

In another timeline, in another version, the Baron von Darien could be a most hideously dangerous individual. As is, he's merely very very very dangerous.

Think 'Victor von vampire' and you're getting close, although he's long since gotten over being too full of himself. Spending eleven centuries as one of the immortal damned because of a devil's bargain that you made willingly is more than enough to teach you that you are not infallible.

Doctor Pain - Character Sheet

Name "Doctor Pain", aka Leon Stepczinski

Player Charles Glasgow

STR 60

DEX 20

CON 30

BODY 20

INT 15

EGO 18

PRE 20

COM 10

PD 24

ED 24

SPD 4

REC 12

END 60

STUN 60

OCV 7

DCV 7

ECV 6

Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

Total Defenses: 24 PD (24 rPD)

24 ED (24 rED)

Powers:

24 Steel-Hard Skin: Damage Resistance (24 PD/24 ED)

11 Used To Taking Punches: Physical Damage Reduction, Normal, 50%, STUN Only (-1/2),

Character Must Be Aware Of Attack (-1/4)

3 Stage Fighting: +2 Levels with HTH Combat, only for counteracting penalties to Pull Punch (-2)

7 "The Pain Injection": +3d6 HA, Hand-to-Hand Attack (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4),

Only Versus Prone Opponent And Character Must Also Go Prone (-1/2)

Martial Arts - Professional Wrestling:

4 Hold -1/-1 Grab Two Limbs, 70 STR

5 "Chill Pill" -2/+0 Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND (2)

3 Slam +0/+1 12d6 + v/5; Target Falls

4 Escape +0/+0 STR 75 Escape

4 Block +2/+2 Block, Abort

4 Duck -/+5 Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

20 Adaptable and Capable: +2 Overall Levels

Talents/Perks:

8 Contact: Best Agent In the Business, 12- (useful resources, own contacts, slavishly loyal)

5 Perk: Wealth ($500,000/year)

6 Reputation: Famous Pro Wrestler (+3/+3d6), only wrestling fans, 14-

Agility Skills:

3 Acrobatics, 13-

3 Breakfall, 13-

3 Climbing, 13-

Intellect Skills:

3 Deduction, 12-

3 Paramedic, 12-

Interaction Skills:

3 Acting, 13-

3 Oratory, 13-

3 High Society, 13-

3 Streetwise, 13-

Background Skills:

3 Scholar

1 Language: Polish (basic conversation)

2 KS: Business Law, 12-

2 KS: Classical Literature, 12-

2 KS: Finance, 12-

2 KS: Philosophy, 12-

2 KS: Professional Wrestling, 12-

2 KS: The Celebrity/Entertainment World, 12-

2 PS: Business Management, 11-

3 PS: Professional Wrestler (PRE-based), 13-

0 TF: Small Ground Vehicles

Disadvantages

10 Hunted: Pulsar, 8- (As Powerful, Public ID)

25 Hunted: ARGENT, 8- (More Powerful, NCI, Public ID)

20 Psych Lim: Honorable (Common, Total)

10 Psych Lim: Proud; Hates To Be Beaten Or Humiliated (Common, Moderate)

20 Psych Lim: Protective Of Innocents (Very Common, Strong)

10 Reputation: Big Dumb Macho Jerk, 11-

15 Social Lim: Public ID

350 points total

(note -- Dr. Pain was created for a campaign that never materialized, so his disads are unfinished. He's got 40 points of disads he needs to take.)

History: -- Much less elaborate than the two above. Leon Stepczinski was a big kid from a poor family in Chicago who got into college on a football scholarship, but went into pro wrestilng rather than pro football because he liked the idea of still having his original knee joints instead of factory rebuilt models when he was 50. Eventually, he worked his way up the wrestling ladder to become WWF champion, and one of the most famous 'heels' in the sport.

(In this timeline, Dwayne Johnson was a beginning WWF wrestler who dropped out early to go find work as an actor instead, and later on became Hollywood's hottest action star. Ergo, Dr. Pain's career enjoyed the pre-eminence and status that The Rock enjoyed in the real world, albeit as a heel instead of a face.)

And then came the time that Pulsar attacked the Royal Rumble, seeking to bolster his rep (and impress Morgan Fairchild) by flattening some of the world's most famous pro wrestlers on live pay-per-view. While the rest fell to Pulsar's assault the energy blasts instead triggered Leon's latent genetic factors, turning his already legendary physique into an outright superhuman one.

It wasn't much consolation to Pulsar that the videotapes of him being choke-slammed through the floor made that particular broadcast the highest-selling DVD that Vince McMahon ever sold...

Of course, now that he was metahuman, Dr. Pain had to announce his retirement from wrestling immediately. And, of course, he became a supehero.

Personality -- Although he's no genius, Dr. Pain is much smarter than he's given credit for, having a healthy dose of common sense and fairly good retention skills. He'd gotten his Master's in Business Administration while on the wrestling circuit, and invested his money wisely. So he's quite well-off, and still popular with the fans even in his 'retirement'.

Leon is fairly laid back, and genuinely likes to use his strength and muscles to help out, but he's also proud... he doesn't like to take crap from people who, in his opinion, haven't earned the right to give it.

Now if he could only find some way to convince people that his 'Dr. Pain' wrestling persona was as fake as pro wrestling itself, and that the superhero Dr. Pain is actually *not* a dumb thug with bad dialogue, his life would be just about perfect.

Of course, his habit of reflexively falling back into his ring persona and dialect whenever he gets in a fight isn't helping much. Neither is the fact that he actually *likes* his hero name, and doesn't want to change it. :)