Titanoboa

Susano

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Titanoboa

Unless I am missing something (often a problem...) adding 'penetrating' is not helping the problem much: it allows STUN damage to get through most defences, but does not increase the killi-ness of the squeeze. You specifically can not apply 'penetrating' to teh Body or normal attacks. In fact, unless you have more than 23 PD, you would be taking more STUN than the penetrating damage adds anyway, and that is unlikely except in superheroic genres , and in that sort of genre they can probably scag the snake anyway.

It still leaves the problem that, for anyone with 10 or more pd you are going to have to rely on suffocation to kill, which is going to take a lot more than a couple of turns.

It might be easier to just buy the additional 28 STR for maintaining the grab only and build a separate 1 pip AVAD (or, if you must, penetrating...) killing attack, if you want to kill with celerity.

Which is fine, since it takes minutes for even a large snake to kill its prey (which is anywhere from 15-25 turns.) Actually, since you start taking BODY once you run out of STUN, the Suffocation power works quite well to kill prey items when combined with the STUN damage done by the STR (with or without Penetration). Worse yet, the snake my drag its prey underwater, adding in drowning to the suffocation effect. I'm not sure why everyone wants to have this snake kill targets in a single Phase, that's just not how constrictor snakes, even ones this large, work.

I'm not sure why everyone wants to have this snake kill targets in a single Phase' date=' that's just not how constrictor snakes, even ones this large, work.[/quote']

They want? I think it is overpowered and overcomplciated with Suffocation. I'd just go with Martial Arts (Extra STR to hold on and Crushing Damage; Maybe a NND)and chalk the rest up to special effect.

They want? I think it is overpowered and overcomplciated with Suffocation. I'd just go with Martial Arts (Extra STR to hold on and Crushing Damage; Maybe a NND)and chalk the rest up to special effect.

Then build it that way. It's no more complex than my version and probably reduces the target to 0 STUN faster. But how do you do BODY after that? Special effects?

Then build it that way. It's no more complex than my version and probably reduces the target to 0 STUN faster. But how do you do BODY after that? Special effects?

Special Effect.

Or ksut the plain old Choke Maneuver from 6E2 (wich invokes the drowning rules if the target is helpless).

1d6 NND from Choke or a 4d6 NND Martial Choke, there is little difference in the end.

Special Effect.

Or ksut the plain old Choke Maneuver from 6E2 (wich invokes the drowning rules if the target is helpless).

1d6 NND from Choke or a 4d6 NND Martial Choke, there is little difference in the end.

I fail to see how this is any less different than my version, but to each their own.

Which is fine' date=' since it takes minutes for even a large snake to kill its prey (which is anywhere from 15-25 turns.) Actually, since you start taking BODY once you run out of STUN, the Suffocation power works quite well to kill prey items when combined with the STUN damage done by the STR (with or without Penetration). Worse yet, the snake my drag its prey underwater, adding in drowning to the suffocation effect. I'm not sure why everyone wants to have this snake kill targets in a single Phase, that's just not how constrictor snakes, even ones this large, work.[/quote']

For my part, because of what you said in post 18.

All I am saying is that I do not see what adding 'penetrating' accomplishes: you will be causing more than 9.5 STUN on average to any target with less than 24 pd, and arguably targets that tough should be pretty hard to take down anyway, and if they have 24+ pd they probably have attacks that can do 12DC or more and the snake probably does not stand much of a chance in any event.

For my part' date=' because of what you said in post 18.

All I am saying is that I do not see what adding 'penetrating' accomplishes: you will be causing more than 9.5 STUN on average to any target with less than 24 pd, and arguably targets that tough should be pretty hard to take down anyway, and if they have 24+ pd they probably have attacks that can do 12DC or more and the snake probably does not stand much of a chance in any event.

Then I'll take the Penetration out. Partially why it was there was to allow it to effect the PD 14+ crocodile in the HSB (and to allow it to still do decent STUN even if it rolls really badly.)