Major Champions episodes planned (tentatively)

Tech

In the campaign I'm in are several supergroups. One of those supergroups is planned to have two major episodes come their way. Before I give some details, I will preface both ideas are tentative: GM's in our group listen to player feedback. I need to run details past the player for approval - if he doesn't like it, one or both ideas will not survive. I know my players well, as they are best friends. Again, these are tentative.

In no particular order:

First idea: Time for a wedding!

One character, called Angel, has been commented both in character and out of being "one of the gentlest people they know". She is also, quite possibly one of the most powerful - including villains such as Mechanon. She comes from a different dimension, and is a strong voice of reason in the group. From the introduction of Angel, a player character cares for her. However, it has not progressed to open love - until now.

The first surprise is the declaration of a wedding. All weddings are wonderful and interesting, particularly for superheroes. Now for the sneakiness, the kind that makes GM's smile and savor.

The first is that she is royalty and princess from where she comes from: she has never revealed this before and has been planned for many years to be revealed someday. The second... is that she's been replaced by her arch-nemesis and plans to marry the PC in her place. I will be revealing hints but my group is very sharp. It takes serious planning to pull something over their eyes. When they figure it out - and they will, even if their characters don't - I will then give them the GM (omniscient) view of what the real character is doing to try somehow stop her arch-nemesis, to get back, stop her, and still have a wedding. I'm so proud my group can play in character even when they know something their characters don't.

The second idea: ...I do this for love...

Angel's arch-nemesis will set the stage for her revenge. Angel will willingly die for the beloved player character, in order to save him. This will not be an off-screen event but obvious. There has never actually been a character death in our decades-long campaign though, it's been close so many times. However, you know how comics are: just because someone died doesn't mean death has won. This will be the key to bringing the episode from a sad moment to a happy ending. I won't go into much more detail for this one because I'm working on tying this in to another episode from years ago. However, the impact should be dramatic, indeed.

That's it for now. :winkgrin: