Charging Powers

I wanted to build a blast power like they have in the MMO, where you can just fire it off as a half action like any normal blast power, but you could instead take up to so many segments (or phases I suppose) and 'charge' the blast to increase the number of dice the blast can do.

I thought it could start somewhere relatively low, like 4D6 Energy. I would like there to be a cap on the number of dice it can increase, but it would be significantly better than the average blast most 400 point heroes have once it's fully charged.

I was thinking that having the blast power bought just 4D6 with no frills, then buy a cumulative aid to increase the number of dice with full concentration and limitations that prevent me from moving while charging. Maybe instead of cumulative I can buy DoT for the Aid (Blast) that can be interrupted by doing anything other than charging the attack.

Would that work? If anyone figured out a more elegant solution I'd like to hear it.

Re: Charging Powers

One good step is simply to use haymaker/Combat Skill levels to boost the damage. The "charged blast" takes longer that way.

I would advise agaisnt Aid, just built the Blast a compound Power/partially Limited Power:

4d6 Blast

plus

+4d6 Blast, Full Phase (-0.5)

plus

+4d6 Blast, Extra Phase (-0.75)

plus

+4d6 Blast, Full Turn (-1.25)

Note that with haymaker and any time beyond Full Phase/Extra Segement:

If the target moves, the attack fails.

One good step is simply to use haymaker/Combat Skill levels to boost the damage. The "charged blast" takes longer that way.

I would advise agaisnt Aid, just built the Blast a compound Power/partially Limited Power:

4d6 Blast

plus

+4d6 Blast, Full Phase (-0.5)

plus

+4d6 Blast, Extra Phase (-0.75)

plus

+4d6 Blast, Full Turn (-1.25)

Note that with haymaker and any time beyond Full Phase/Extra Segement:

If the target moves, the attack fails.

I don't understand how I would make that work using Hero Designer. Do I buy it as the full damage of the blast with a limitation reducing the damage until I follow the required time?

I don't understand how I would make that work using Hero Designer. Do I buy it as the full damage of the blast with a limitation reducing the damage until I follow the required time?

This is a compound power (6E1 199), subtype "partially limited power" (6E1 366).

The exmaple on 366 is a Laser Rifle that cost more end the higher the power.

So I buy a compound power and it has multiple blast powers' date=' but each one below the first has an increased limitation on it?[/quote']

Technically you buy one big blsat, and limit it's parts seperately.

I have no idea how to enter this into the hero designer, best to ask on the Hero Designer forum how to make a "partially Limited/Compound" power. Using those two terms should give you the fastest results.

I would buy it like this:

Chargeable
Blast:
(Total: 70 Active Cost, 65 Real Cost) Blast 10d6 (Real Cost: 50)
plus
Blast 2d6 (10 Active Points); Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4) (Real Cost: 8)
plus
Blast 2d6 (10 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2) (Real Cost: 7)

You get 10 dice normally, 12 if you use a full phase or delay phase, 14 if you use your full phase delayed and if you really need it, use haymaker on the Chargeable Blast and get another +4