[Demo] Jason at the Mages Realm, Sacramento CA, Saturday Sept. 29

gojira

Saw this on the front page, and I thought I'd repost it here for those of you who don't read the main site often.

Jason At The Mage's Realm

Hero Games general manager Jason Walters (me) will be appearing at The Mage's Realm in Sacramento, California at 4:00 PM on Saturday September 29th. I'll be running a game and generally communing with anyone interested in the Hero System.

P.S. What game will be demoed? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Re: [Demo] Jason at the Mages Realm, Sacramento CA, Saturday Sept. 29

Game went very well, with Jason giving a great mix of just enough suspense and uncertainty, a bit of oddness, and some obscure mythological/historical stuff. The group was relaxed and fun while keeping a focus on the game most of the time.

The quote of the evening was Jason's description of the villains as "The creme de la crap."

Had to leave a little early (game started a bit late and had to drive back to Bay Area.), so don't know how it ended.

What game was demoed? Champions? Full size or Champs Complete? :D

Ya, do know that CC has the Full rules... There should be no difference between a 6e Champions and a 6e Champions Complete game. The only thing missing from Champs Complete is the excessive examples and Starfleetitis (patching where no rule has gone before). Also I imagine some of the extra bits from the Champions genre book is gone too.

I guess I was thinking that CC might be out of layout, and Jason might have had a pre-release copy in print or PDF to show off. I'm just looking forward to seeing CC, I suppose.

As I hadn't seen a demo like this announced before, I was speculating on the reason. A preview of CC seemed like good speculation.

What game was demoed? Champions? Full size or Champs Complete? :D

Ya' date=' do know that CC has the Full rules... There should be no difference between a 6e Champions and a 6e Champions Complete game. The only thing missing from Champs Complete is the excessive examples and Starfleetitis (patching where no rule has gone before). Also I imagine some of the extra bits from the Champions genre book is gone too.[/quote']

It was an Intro to the Hero System game designed to bring in system elements one at a time. Jason talked about CC, but no samples from the actual product.