The Serpent's Crown

Opale

Aloha !

I recently read again some old comics and discovered the Serpent's Crown from Marvel (ie the Serpent Brigad).

And I wondered, how would you build such an item.

to me it's a Focus or even a "mystical powered armor", that gives the wearer lots of mental abilities.

But it's something that seems to have it's own intelligence, knowledge, and goals.

So how would you build such a thing ? is that a simple Focus ? An IA (btw how to you include an IA in a character sheet ??)

Some reptilian help would be appreciated :)

SSsssssssneaky Opale.

Re: The Serpent's Crown

You build it as an artificial intelligence. Build the whole thing as a character would be built. In the case of the Serpent Crowns (yes, plural) you would have all the usual stats. Movement would be 0". The Crowns require someone to carry it about. They also had a nasty tendency to dominate (or try to) anyone that wore one for an extended time. One ability was extra-dimensional telepathy, allowing the wearer to communicate with the wearer of a crown in an alternate reality.

Thanks GW !

Now to be sure I understood well : I create the character, then in the Character Power I create and IA like I'd create a follower or a vehicle (? I didn't find any IA selectionnable line) for 1/5 cost (Example 10 AP gives the IA 50 AP). and then the Character has access to all the IA Power and such, including Complications/Disadvantages ?

Robotized Opale.

The crown isn't in itself sentient, but it opens the mind of the wearer to that of the elder god Set. Which tends to result in slavishly loyal worshippers of said god with worrisome skin conditions in short order.

As for the crown's powers, I know I've seen mind control on an impressive scale and the ability to summon ghostly-yet-tangible doppelgangers of everyone who's ever worn the crown.