Growth in an independent object, but only up to a limited size.

Mathew

I was working an an artifact that give the user up to 8 levels of growth, but I don't want it to be able to make a character larger than that - therefore it a character already has some levels of growth they only get enough more to get up to 8 levels. I don't want characters ending up with 9+ levels because they either had growth, or they were larger than a normal human already.

Is that worth a -1/4 limitation on the artifact's growth? something like "only increases to 8 size levels maximum."

Re: Growth in an independent object, but only up to a limited size.

I'd say pick a maximum height this ability will allow and say that for a character to exceed that height they would have to already have that ability (ie; 9 Levels of Growth without the artifact). The Limitation value is probably -1/4 or -1/2.

Re: Growth in an independent object, but only up to a limited size.

-1/4 sounds right if Growth Powers are moderately uncommon in your campaign. -1/2 would be ok if Growth powers are fairly common, imo. Like a campaign where everyone is a mage.

I'd consider -0 too, if say there was a campaign wide cap on AP points total or even just growth. If "Can't have more than 8 levels of growth" is a campaign limit, then -0 is OK.