young justice: superboy

ayinde

hello everyone

I wanted help fleshing out the abilities of superboy from the young justice cartoon what powers have been used on the show only and just to keep this from derailing sight your source Ie the episode he used the ability in

this should be fun

I'm not so sure about citing episode references but in general he was shown to have about half of the power of a normal Kryptonian. He basically had no flight (source of superspeed & extra strength) or higher end vision (no heat or x-ray) but everything else. It would be pretty simple to build him by subtraction by just removing the VPP from this version of Superman: http://www.herocentral.net/herocentral/get/files/premium/Superman+6e.HTML

Yeah, he's just a tough puncher really. He mostly just hits things and gets hit; he rarely even just uses raw strength to lift. He's also portrayed as being not too bright, at least initially. He solves things by force.

You could probably build him very economically with some heightened strength and a simple brawling MA or a hand attack.

For a while he had the patches that Lex gave him that "unlocked" his kryptonian potential but that was just a plot device and did not last.

The first series is being repeated here at the moment. Unfortunately I haven't been taking notes.

Definitely superhearing. Lots of cases of people saying things that they didn't realise he could hear.

Vision is difficult. One of the episodes I saw last week had him scanning a building for heat signatures (IR), but it also showed a skeleton outline of the inside of the building as well, which I interpreted as X-Ray vision. So I'll disagree with Hyper-Man on that point.

Passably fast (but not Wally), and the best at absorbing punishment.

Pretty straightforward. Benchmark him against everyone else and you'll be right.

....One of the episodes I saw last week had him scanning a building for heat signatures (IR)' date=' but it also showed a skeleton outline of the inside of the building as well, which I interpreted as X-Ray vision. So I'll disagree with Hyper-Man on that point. ...[/quote']

Are you sure that wasn't an episode featuring the Luthor Patches that unlocked "full" Kryptonian powers?

....One of the episodes I saw last week had him scanning a building for heat signatures (IR)' date=' but it also showed a skeleton outline of the inside of the building as well, which I interpreted as X-Ray vision. So I'll disagree with Hyper-Man on that point. ...[/quote']

Are you sure that wasn't an episode featuring the Luthor Patches that unlocked "full" Kryptonian powers?

No. I'm pretty sure it was somehere around episode 14-19, according to the list at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Young_Justice_episodes#Season_1_.282011.E2.80.932012.29

It was definitely before the Luthor Patches. As I mentioned though, it was described as IR, even though it showed more than I would expect from that.