Healing Changes Suggestions

MistWing

I have some dislike over the way that Healing is used un Heros and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or established fixes to my concerns.

1. This is more of a question than a problem. I want to be able to heal anyone of anything (subject to GMO of course). This includes healing a person's powers who's been affected by a Drain or Transfer. This also will include certain types of Transforms (Transforms that simulate long-term damage (ex: hero being blinded by acid) can be healed. Transforms that are actual changes (ex: heroine changed into a raven) can't). Since Healing is based on Special Effect, do I need to buy the Healing in a VPP to reflect being able to change what gets healed? Or can I just use Variable Special Effect?

2. I dislike the idea that, if a person gets injured, I can only heal up so much damage and then have to wait (24 hours? I think I read that somewhere) before I can continue healing. How would you allow a Healing that has no upper limit (although there may still be a limit on how much can be healed in one phase). Note that my biggest concern here is if I heal someone completely and he gets re-injured, I can't re-heal him due to the above mentioned time limit.

3. What advantage would you request to allow a Resurection with no way to block it?

And 4. What kind of advantage would you require to allow Regeneration to go off every phase (other than requiring a minimum of 12 Body of Regeneration)?

Thanks

MistWing SilverTail

Re: Healing Changes Suggestions

Originally posted by MistWing

1. This is more of a question than a problem. I want to be able to heal anyone of anything (subject to GMO of course). This includes healing a person's powers who's been affected by a Drain or Transfer. This also will include certain types of Transforms (Transforms that simulate long-term damage (ex: hero being blinded by acid) can be healed. Transforms that are actual changes (ex: heroine changed into a raven) can't). Since Healing is based on Special Effect, do I need to buy the Healing in a VPP to reflect being able to change what gets healed? Or can I just use Variable Special Effect?

Buy the Healing with the Variable Special Effect Advantage. That should allow you to alter the SFX as needed per use.

2. I dislike the idea that, if a person gets injured, I can only heal up so much damage and then have to wait (24 hours? I think I read that somewhere) before I can continue healing. How would you allow a Healing that has no upper limit (although there may still be a limit on how much can be healed in one phase). Note that my biggest concern here is if I heal someone completely and he gets re-injured, I can't re-heal him due to the above mentioned time limit.

The reasoning for this is so that people do not buy 1d6 Healing and can then use a 10 point power to completely heal someone in a matter of seconds. The idea is that you should need to buy more than 10 points of a power to get a maximum effect.

The easiest house rule would just be to say that the healing applies to each type of injury separately. So if you take a 4 body and 3 body would you can use the Healing to heal each of those wounds. Then if you take more damage later you can use the Healing again for each of those wounds.

3. What advantage would you request to allow a Resurection with no way to block it?

I think there always needs to be some common sense way to block the power. If you are trying to Ressurect a person without a head, for example, then it should not work. I would think the easiest way to get around this would be to make sure the Ressurection power also has the Heals Limbs adder. Then I would say you can get around just about anything.

And 4. What kind of advantage would you require to allow Regeneration to go off every phase (other than requiring a minimum of 12 Body of Regeneration)?

I would just house rule it and require that the Extra Time (Regeneration) Limitation be removed completely. Then it would work every Phase.

Thanks for the info.

With regards to the Resurection, I admit I wasn't thinking along the lines you mentioned. I was think more in line with the way GURPS Resurection works. They require something like 'Sunlight' or 'Fire' blocking it from working and attacks based on that would have additional effect.

Thanks again

MistWing SilverTail

Re: Healing Changes Suggestions

Originally posted by MistWing

I wouldn't. I've posted on the 600d6 per hour problem. Makes BODY damage essentially irrelevant unless the target dies instantly.

If you really want it, the FAQ tells how to get the "reset time" down to per turn.

I'd go not more than +1/2.

Just make it a number of BODY per turn equal to the character's SPD. I'd probably even let that go as a special effect.