Your favorite Psychological Limitation for your heroes?

Hermit

Follows orders.

This character believes in the system. He or she may display a great deal of drive and initiative, but, when The Chief speaks, this character will shut up and soldier.

I would expect GMs to love this one. After all, you've basically volunteered to do something against your own best interests simply because The Boss told you so. What GM can't take advantage of that? While you're at it, have The Boss order them to do something that violates one of their other psych lims. Role-playing opportunities galore. Oddly enough, however, my GM never really used this one against me. It was nice of him, but quite surprising, really.

Bah.

Oddly enough, however, my GM never really used this one against me. It was nice of him, but quite surprising, really.

If the Lt. had ever realized you had this PsychLim, she would have used it a lot more.

She wouldn't have asked you to do anything extreme. Just little things ... you know ... go spy on the Count. Nobody knows too much about him.

That would have fit in real well with your paranoia PsychLim.

Re: Bah.

Originally posted by Houston GM

If the Lt. had ever realized you had this PsychLim, she would have used it a lot more.

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't complaining. Quite the opposite really. Please don't take offense. I said I was appreciative. Very appreciative in fact. I thank you again. Mostly because:

Originally posted by Houston GM

That would have fit in real well with your paranoia PsychLim.

Yes, it would. In fact, it would have fit very well.

I was really more surprised that you didn't engineer an excuse for the Lt. to find out. I had expected that you would. And I would have demanded a roll on that whole "spy on the count" thing. That's not a little thing, and it clashes with the whole implicit PsychLim:Not-Get-Killed.

Not offended.

I'm not at all offended, Noumena. There were several things that I didn't get around to before you left town.

The current adventure was actually going to be a chance for you to cut loose. They're up against clones which have low ego (~8) and are vulnerable to Mind Control.

Speaking of PsychLims, I just discovered some player PsychLims. The bad guys got away with some genetic tissue off Levi. They're convinced that they can't effectively fight him.

(Levi is a PC telekinetic. He's nearly immune to physical damage.)

I'm going to have to send 3 Levi clones against them sometime just to witness the collective bladder voiding.

-----------------------------------------

Hasty attempt to not derail.

Levi got suckered through one of his PsychLims: Charitable. He was convinced to go support a Red Cross benefit. The enemy staged an ambush at the benefit.

150 pt disad most commonly seen in my games.

"I am a super hero. I tend to do heroic things, a lot. Bad guys dont like me much and some even actually really dislike me. I often have troubles keeping up my various responsibilities since heroing takes its toll. If this wasn't enough, I am the star of a story of major events and traumatic times. My superpowers sometimes act up."

Of course, its frequently broken down into more details, but each PC has this basic disad. Thats what helps them become so unique.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting about limitations. When "St Barbara" was first created I took "Protective of innocents, particularly children" as a disadvantage. As the game has panned out, and because she was made leader (against her will) "St B" has sort of developed a "loyal to teammates" disadvantage as well. This may be interesting when we move to our next "dimension" and she has one of only two characters that is crossing over (The other is our current magician "Runeweaver"). Knowing the way I play her feeling of responsibility for the rest of the team will only increase!

I find that most of my characters have:

Protective of Innocents

Vengeful

Recently I find that most of my characters have:

Always keeps word freely given (Not under duress)

I guess it comes from playing so many Faerie characters.

Most of my older characters had:

Overconfident

but many of them were bricks who wouldn't be really harmed by this one.

I find that I also like curious characters. They are really fun if you have a bogged down adventure. I just love sticking my nose into dangerous situation.

Tasha :)