1e PH Wizard Spells

Aversill

A while back I started translating the 1st edition PH's wizard spells into hero.

My assumptions are based around 1st level spells being equal to 55 points.  Each additional level adds 5 points.  In multiple part spells, I chose to break them up and link them through triggers.  I probably could have also done "linked power" and in some cases I did.  Obviously, you can do whatever you want with them.

Since, I had the spells, I decided also to include stats for Scrolls, Rings, Potions, Wands, and Staves.  I'm not sure that everyone would agree with my build on these items, but they are, at the very least consistent.

Enjoy.

Oh, two more things.  I submit this to the community at large, so if you have suggestions, feel free to make them.  I do this kind of thing a lot but I generally put it up on my obsidian portal game.  So, if you like tables and updates and big hero builder files, you can...I don't know...check in there, drop my a line, favorite the campaign (Aversill, I'm monstro95968 over there).

Second, I started playing Champs when it first came out so some of my design stuff might be a bit old school (read "dated").  If so, that's fine.  That's just how I'd buy the power. 

A spells.hdc

B spells.hdc

C spells.hdc

D spells.hdc

E Spells.hdc

F spells.hdc

G spells.hdc

H spells.hdc

I Spells.hdc

J Spells.hdc

K Spells.hdc

L Spells.hdc

M Spells.hdc

N Spell.hdc

O Spells.hdc

P Spells.hdc

R Spells.hdc

S Spell.hdc

T Spells.hdc

U Spells.hdc

V Spells.hdc

W Spells.hdc

You can adjust power levels as needed.  Obviously, hero builder makes most everything fairly easy to scale.  The 55 point value stays stable with non-caster DCs in my game, which is what all of this is built for.

The Side Effect is, generally, Distinctive Features:  Spell Caster.  In my games, at least, intelligent creatures recognize the potential threats of the spell caster fairly early on and will do a pretty good job of changing their tactics to account for the potential threat of a guy with a power pool (that's how I run magic).  The items don't have the side effect because they don't necessarily call the character out as a caster.

If it helps, the spell power pools are included in the following file.  Also included is the equipment pool I use.  Different pool levels cost perks (the wish pool is, for instance, a 12 point perk).

Also, cleric spells 1-7 (not quite sure why I did the others by alphabet and these by levels, but heh, what the heck..).  Next up, the Monster Manual.

Power Pool.hdc

1st Level Cleric Spells.hdc

2nd Level Cleric Spells.hdc

3rd Level Cleric Spells.hdc

4th Level Cleric Spells.hdc

5th level Cleric Spells.hdc

6th level Cleric Spells.hdc

7th level Cleric Spells.hdc