Limited Shapeshift

Alcamtar

I have a player who can shapeshift from a non-human form to a human form. The shapeshift affects all five normal senses. Since the non-human form has extra abilities (wings, scaly skin, tail, claws) that are not present in the human form, he should get a limitation on the shapeshift...but how much?

Initially I gave him a total of -1 limitations, but reconsidering I don't think he's losing half his abilities shapeshifting. He keeps all his skills, his magic spells, and equipment. Mostly he loses the ability to fly and his innate armor. (This is a Fantasy Hero campaign, so flight and armor and claws are very useful abilities... but are they worth -1 on the Shapeshift?)

We considered Multiform, but he doesn't want to have multiple character sheets, and also wants the two forms to be identical except for wings and armor.

Mike

It it were up to me, I'd just give the features/abilities that the character doesn't have in human form the Only In Hero ID Limitation. The SFX would be that he shifts to an inhuman shape - I don't think that Shape Shift would be necessary to justify his altered appearance. It's really no different functionally than putting on a costume and mask IMO.