Freddy Krueger

Grond

I don't know if somebody already tried to convert him, but here's my first attempt. This is by no means a complete sheet, just a few ideas thrown in, some point calculations are missing etc., but I think it's a start at least, comments and suggestions are welcome!

FRED “FREDDY†KRUEGER

Val CHA Cost Roll Notes

10 STR 0 11- Lift 100 kg; 2d6 HTH Damage

10 DEX 0 11- OCV: 3 / DCV: 3

18 CON 16 13-

15 BODY 10 12-

10 INT 0 11- PER Roll 11-

20 EGO 20 13- ECV: 7

30 PRE 20 15- PRE Attack: 6d6

0 COM -5 9-

6 PD 4 Total: 6 PD (0 rPD)

6 ED 2 Total: 6 ED (6 rED)

2 SPD 0 Phases: 6, 12

6 REC 0

26 END -5

29 STUN 0 Total Characteristics Cost: 62

Movement: Running: 6" / 12"

Swimming: 2" / 4"

Cost Powers END

250 Nightmare Power: Variable Power Pool, Cosmic (+2), 100 Base + 150

Control Cost -

75 Affect Reality: Transdimensional Advantage on Nightmare Power

(Only One Dimension: Reality; +½) -

10 Finger Knives: 1d6 HKA (1½d6 w/STR), OIF (Glove, -½) 1

37 Immortal: Healing 4d6 (Regeneration, 4 BODY per Hour), Resurrection,

Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), Persistent (+½); Extra Time +

Increased Time Increments (1 Hour, -1¼), Self Only (- ½), Resurrection

Only (- ½) 0

Perks

Guardian of the Nightmare Dimension

Skills

0 AK: Springwood 8-

0 Climbing 8-

0 Concealment 8-

0 Conversation 8-

0 Deduction 8-

7 KS: How to Frighten Teenagers 15-

0 Language (English)

0 Paramedic 8-

0 PS: Factory Worker 8-

0 Shadowing 8-

0 Stealth 8-

0 TF: Cars

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 372

Total Character Cost: 434

100+ Disadvantages

10 Dependence (must feed from pure fear or freshly killed teenage souls

or suffer Weakness [-3 from the Transdimensional Advantage on his

Power Pool each day) (Common)

15 Distinctive Features: Horrible burned body, distinctive red and green

striped sweater, finger knives (Easily Concealable, Extreme Horror)

Physical Limitation (Dead, cannot leave Nightmare Dimension)

Physical Limitation (Cannot cross certain parts of the Dream Zone,

such as his Mother’s realm)

0 Psychological Limitation: Terrible Sense of Humour

Psychological Limitation: Revengeful and Bloodthirsty Monster

10 Public ID:

Villain Bonus

Total Disadvantage Points

Background/History: Freddy Krueger was born from Amanda Krueger, a young nun which was raped by dozens of criminals and homicidal maniacs all night long in a sanatorium for a guard mistake. Genetically “evilâ€, Fred worked for some years in a factory which had something to do with heating and steam (never had a clear idea regarding what the factory was exactly about). He was a paedophile who also slashed children with a glove of hand made razors. He used to lurk kids from the countryside of the city of Springwood to an old abandoned factory (was that the one he used to work in?) and carve the little bastards up. When he was arrested the parents of the victims finally were confident the “Springwood Slasher†would have been punished, but he was not. Due to some bureaucratic mistake, Krueger was released. All of the parents from Springwood hunted Fred down up to the old abandoned factory where he butchered his victims and burned him alive. They didn’t know however, that Fred would have lived on, in their kid’s nightmares, as a horribly burned Bogeyman.

Personality/Motivation: Freddy can’t live if people don’t fear him. Even if he survived the denial of Nancy in the first movie, and we all gave her for dead, she actually lived on until the third chapter. Also he seems to gain more and more power each time somebody feeds him with fear and life force (souls). Adults rarely get killed unless Freddy is taken out of the Nightmare dimension (like Nancy’s mother) or he gets well nourished of souls (the black guy in Nightmare 7). Freddy has a cruel, nasty sense of humour, and doesn’t seem to have goals besides killing and feeding. However he mentions some greater force that actually put him in his place. They might be some Ancient gods, supernatural spirits from a far away dimension or just a powerful Demon or God of Entropy.

Quote: “Welcome to my Nightmare, Bitch.â€

Powers/Tactics: Freddy can influence reality in minor ways from the Nightmare dimension with some small Transdimensional tricks of Telekinesis or Images (the tongue-phone, doors slammed close etc.), but in the Nightmare dimension he’s almost God. It is not clear if he actually suffers from anything on his own home plane, as sometimes he looks hurt even when there. In Freddy vs. Jason, why couldn’t he just disintegrate Jason with a thought instead of pummelling him back and forth against walls and crushing him beneath a huge cistern? He has even reversed Jason’s aging until he became a kid again. My thoughts are he can virtually do ANYTHING (Variable Power Pool), but he has to make it with Gestures of some sort, he never seems to make things happen with just a thought. The more Freddy starves of souls, the less his powers can influence the real world; I reflected this by adding Dependence from souls that drains from his Transdimensional Power Pool Advantage.

Appearance: Freddy’s distinctive garments have always been: a thick, ragged woollen sweater striped red and green, a black wide brimmed hat, and a 4 bladed (become 5 bladed in the Final Nightmare) glove. His skin is horribly burned, his teeth black rotting and his head totally hairless. Sometimes he has unnaturally light eyes as well.

Designer's Notes: Freddy’s powers change from movie to movie, however he seems to be just a normal human (although virtually invulnerable) until he activates some sort of power which allows him to be on par with his victims. He gets beaten by Martial Artists until he learns martial arts with a thought, or becomes super strong etc. This leads me directly to a Power Pool. He also seems to be rather average in his Characteristics as despite his monstrous and otherworldly appearance, he seems to suffer from blows rather unremarkably (the hammer hitting his belly in the first movie, he holds and hand on his stomach for the rest of the movie, etc), hence his normal range Characteristics (besides Presence, hell, he’s scary!!). The Power Pool is virtually limitless, and can include Martial Arts, Skills, or anything you can think of, beyond the limits of normal VPPs.

Here are some samples of Nightmare Powers:

- Phone call: Images, Transdimensional

- Door Slam: Telekinesis

- Elongated Arms: Stretching

- Materializing in Front of You When You Flee From Me: Teleport.

- Broom Riding: Flight, 6â€,

- Sticky Staircase: Entangle 2d6, only Affects Lower Limbs (- ½)

Well....

I've been working on a version myself. I'm adapting the character of The Bogeyman from Champions in 3D. Now, I'd improve his stats quite a bit myself. Yeah...the hammer did hurt him in the first film, but it WAS a sledgehammer. The way he got hit probably would have broken bones...and probably would have put an average person down, but it only slows him down for a bit. My guess is he is far tougher than a regular person, but still able to suffer injury. I simulated this by giving him lots of BODY. Sure, you hurt him, but he can take a licking and keep on ticking. Remember that he knows your fears(Telepathy...Transdimensional). In fact, I'd say the majority of his powers are transdimensional. His "dream attacks" are Transdimensional Mental Illusions. The "Dreamverse" is a separate dimension...so you might consider giving him Extradimensional Movement usable on others. I used Mental Illusions as his power basis...made it Transdimensional, but usable only in the Dream dimension. The dream dimension is partially a plot device, but I'd allow those with appropriate powers(like Telepathy) to access it. If you pull him, out...he's powerless. He never seems to be without his finger knives...so that's his one thing that he'd have all the time. He seems to have the "typical" movie slasher powers....great resilience...regen with resurrection...good recovery. I'd boost his stats from what you have right now. First, since he does so much with his "dream powers", you don't want him wasting points on stats. Second, while he's not amazing, the movies seem to indicate he's not bad in the physical stat department(I think he tends to not show stuff like that off as he's both "playing" with his victims and he doesn't really need to.) If his powers are mainly mental, you can just make his EGO high, as his actions will be based on an ECV roll. Regardless, his SPD is probably higher than you listed. He always seems to have enough actions...at least to deal with the SPD 2 and 3 victims he usually faces. I'd go with SPD 4 at least.(My version has higher SPD, but he's intended to fight an entire superteam.)

Ahah god point with the Telepathy, didn't think about it, thanks! I'll check the Ultimate Mentalist for some nasty ideas on how to implement it. As for higher stats I was thinking that the VPP should provide him with all the necessary points he'd need (+10 SPEED would suffice?) but in effect then he gets hit by the sledgehammer he wasn't prepared so hmm.. PD 10 or 12 should suffice? And SPD 4...

As for the Dreamverse... I dont think Transdimensional Mental Illusion are the right solution to adapt his powers. It seems he isn't able to affect EVERY sleeping person on Earth but only the ones which he can lurk in his home dimension (which as the victims say when they're awake, it's extremely realistic, so I guess it's another kind of "sleep" entirely). So he basically can suck in sleeping characters... hmmm... something like EDM, Usable Against Others, using some variant of Spirit Rules?

Regen with Resurrection has to be bougth separately (for obsvious reasons) from his VPP, but for the rest of the powers, I think his good VPP with a separate Transdimensional slot does the job, as the less he's fed, the weakest his control on reality is...

As for Mr Vorhees, he's supposed to be n. 2 in the conversion list!!! Ehehe.

Well, I guess there is some justification for using Extra Dimensional Movement as well as Transdimensional Illusions. I think either method will simulate Mr. Kruger pretty well. I chose Mental illusions as it was easier for me to writeup. I did give him EDM as well...as that gives some logic for the player characters to be able to "chase" him. Since I mainly plan to have Kruger in the "Dreamzone" all they time, I deemed usable against others as unnecessary, as they'll be coming to him. On thinking about it, perhaps I will add the EDM, but that'd have to be Transdimensional as well....as he's in the "Dreamzone" and pulls others in. In the first movie at least, it seemed as if the characters willed themselves into the dimension and he just messed with them when they got there.

Rob

A few notes about Mr. Krueger.

Assuming you're going for the "Dreamscape as a dimension" approach:

1) His powers apparently only work on humans who already know him. That's why he sticks to Springswood and never affects anyone outside this area.

2) The degree to which he can exert his powers might be limited by the degree of fear his target feels. This may be why he toys with his victims (prank phone calls, lullabies, etc.) before closing in for the kill.

3) Also, his powers are usually thematically linked to his target's fears, expecially his biggest/weirdest powers.

4) I don't think he should have Telepathy. He could simply gather informations about his target via Transdimensional Clarvoyance (he needs a power to spy on Reality anyway) and a high level Psychology skill. This also makes him much more interesting to run as a character, as he plays and toys with his victims to find out their greatest fears (as opposed to just prying open their Ego).

VPP in the Dreamscape is fine, but I don't think he should have the Transdimensional advantage. Besides being able to pull sleepers in the Dreamscape and a fairly limited number of puny tricks (mostly Mind Illusions I think) he can't really affect Earth. He can't hurt you as long as you're awake. However, he's able to have people walk in their sleep (Transdimensional Mind Control, but even TK will do), and does so quite often.

Originally posted by Solomon

A few notes about Mr. Krueger.

Assuming you're going for the "Dreamscape as a dimension" approach:

1) His powers apparently only work on humans who already know him. That's why he sticks to Springswood and never affects anyone outside this area.

Actually I never thought about it. I thought it was something related to the young age and unripe psyche of a teenager, or to the fact that the victims were related in some way to his killing, but now that I think about it, yes, it makes sense. This might be a good Limitation for his Extra Dimensional Movement, Usable Against Others, used to drag his victims in his own home plane. In some of the later episodes, Freddy succeeds in dragging in his Home Plane also even the friends of his victims, if the victims actively "think" about them. This might indicate that his perception of the Real Worls is somewhat limited to his victim's, maybe he needs to probe the mind of his victims to have a precise image of them to bring them in. A Telephathy is a must then when his victims are on the Dream Dimension (I'd buy it outside of the power Pool, as the Pool is indeed used only to Frighten/Kill, not to excerpt informations). While his Mind Illusions are definitely Transdimensional this Telepahy only works on Sleeping Victims...

2) The degree to which he can exert his powers might be limited by the degree of fear his target feels. This may be why he toys with his victims (prank phone calls, lullabies, etc.) before closing in for the kill.

Although this might be as a simple Physical Limitation (not Psychological) like Can Only Affect People Affected by His PResence Attacks, I'd like to have some Game-Mechanic Based to define such powers. What something about a PRE-Drain with Variable Power Effects (his way to erode his victims by stalking them), or the Frightening Effects only on his Cosmic Pool? Hmm... I was even thinking about using PRE as a AVLD Defense...

3) Also, his powers are usually thematically linked to his target's fears, expecially his biggest/weirdest powers.

The flexibility of his Powers on the Nightmare Dimension are all related to this effect indeed, I'd take the VPP with the Limitation Only to Frighten in some Way His Victims

4) I don't think he should have Telepathy. He could simply gather informations about his target via Transdimensional Clarvoyance (he needs a power to spy on Reality anyway) and a high level Psychology skill. This also makes him much more interesting to run as a character, as he plays and toys with his victims to find out their greatest fears (as opposed to just prying open their Ego).

Definitely, but I'd just drop the Transidmensional Advantage on Telepathy instead not delete it altogether. He actually scans his victims fears and thoughts anytime they drop in the Nightmare Dimension. Actually it just can be a Discriminatory Detect Psychological Limitations plus Discriminatory Detect of Friends his Victims Call for Help, both belonging to the Mental Senses Group, as these are the only two things he seems to be able to analyze from his victims... he is sometimes surprised by his victims behaviour...

VPP in the Dreamscape is fine, but I don't think he should have the Transdimensional advantage. Besides being able to pull sleepers in the Dreamscape and a fairly limited number of puny tricks (mostly Mind Illusions I think) he can't really affect Earth. He can't hurt you as long as you're awake. However, he's able to have people walk in their sleep (Transdimensional Mind Control, but even TK will do), and does so quite often.

Aye, Mind Control seems appropriate, or Tk based on Ecv?

One more note i'd like to drop is: Freddy often shapes the Nightmare to simulate reality as it was 1 second before the victim falls asleep. His victims are often sure they aren't sleeping at all (es. when Tina wakes Nancy up at school in the first Nightmare so that Nancy could follow her to Krueger's domain). How can he possibly know this if not by probing his viim's mind to capture the last seconds of wake from his brain... I'd still go for Telepahty...