Species That Require a Host

Sketchpad

There is some mention in Terran Empire about buying the host body as a follower - as there is a parasitic race in there, but I don't have the book on me at the moment.

You could have desolidification always on with limitations - and mind control. But that would be a very expensive deal.

Re: Species That Require a Host

Originally posted by Sketchpad

I've been working on a germ-based race and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions how a racial package should be built for this? They're similar to the Trill from DS9 in the way that they bond with a host ...

There was some lengthy conversations about this in one (or more) of the Stargate threads. One of the major points from that thread was this: is it really required to define the host/symbiote as a power construct? That goes back to the game/world setting. Do the host/symbiote act as one, or are they two distinct individuals? Even then I might not think they need to be a specific power construct. Simply make it a SFX/game construct, and have certain skills or powers come from the symbiote, while the rest come from the host. Also, how often, or how easily can the two be separated?

edit: Here is the link for the Stargate thread (in the old forums I was thinking about):

http://www.herogames.com/oldForum/StarHero/000143.html

Aroooo