Farscape HERO

Herolover

Re: Farscape HERO

Originally posted by Herolover

So, has anyone tried to do a Farscape HERO? I have the d20 version, but I was wondering if anyone has tried to do a HERO version.

It is another one that I woud like to try, but probably will never have time.

I'm still tryin to wrap my brain around B5 Hero and Battlestar Galactica HERO. I must confessed, I've never watched Farscape, but it looks very interesting. I'm sure that with a little inginuity from herodom assembled, someone is working on this. In fact, I beleive this was a big topic of discussion on the old boards.

Re: Re: Farscape HERO

Originally posted by Syberdwarf2

I'm still tryin to wrap my brain around B5 Hero and Battlestar Galactica HERO. I must confessed, I've never watched Farscape, but it looks very interesting. I'm sure that with a little inginuity from herodom assembled, someone is working on this. In fact, I beleive this was a big topic of discussion on the old boards.

Get the DVDs and watch them, it's a great show! You know you're not watching a typical "bunch of heroes" when half of the cast conspires to chop off the arm of a crew-mate ("He regenerates, no problem") as payment for a map to home. - "DNA Mad Scientist" in first season :D

Re: Re: Re: Farscape HERO

Originally posted by Tom Carman

Get the DVDs and watch them, it's a great show! You know you're not watching a typical "bunch of heroes" when half of the cast conspires to chop off the arm of a crew-mate ("He regenerates, no problem") as payment for a map to home. - "DNA Mad Scientist" in first season :D

Pitty the show is coming to an end. I think it rocks. I love the eps where Cryton was 'trapped in a cartoon near death exp' where he was trying to decide if he should kill off another member of the crew.

Has anyone on that ship not tried to kill another crew memeber?

Having reread Farscape d20, I'd say there's enough detail in there that it would be easy to do the characters and ships up in Hero. Especially with TUV out. You just have to use your head and say, "That's stupid!" for all the little stupidities they left in there.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been giving this some thought since the last episode aired on Friday.

To start with Moya:

Characteristics:

STR: 81

DEX: 20

CON: 30

BODY: 36

INT: 15

EGO: 14

PRE: 30

COM: 14

PD: 16

ED: 16

SPD: 4

REC: 22

END: 60

STUN: 91

Total Characteristics Cost: 248

Flight: 28"/896"

Teleport: 10 LY/10 LY

Powers:

Biomechanoid Flight: Flight 28", x32 Noncombat (81 Active Points); Limited Maneuverability (-1/2) Total Cost: 54 Points

Starburst: Teleport 10", Megascale (1"=1 LY; +3 1/2) (90 Active Points); Full Power Only (-1/4), No Noncombat Multiple (-1/4) Total Cost: 60 Points

Starburst Charge: Endurance Reserve (10 END/10 REC) (11 Active Points); Slow Recovery (6 Hours; -2 1/2) Total Cost: 3 Points

Toughness: Damage Resistance (16 PD/16 ED) (16 Active Points), Total Cost: 16 Points

Total Powers Cost: 133

Total Character Cost: 381

Notes:

Since she's a living being, she's a character rather than a Vehicle; this is just like the case of the Cybertank. TShe seems to be "vaguely large" in the series. I can't remember any one episode where someone made a reference to it, but the Farscape RPG lists her as 1,000 meters long by 250 meters wide by 200 meters high. Based on her scale seen in Episode 2 (US): I, E.T., that seems about right. That would make her between Size category 23 (based on Width) and Size category 27 (based on Length). Based on Area, she's between Size categories 25 and 26; if we called her Size category 26, she'd pay 130 points for size and have -17 DCV and -26" of KB. We'll give her a Physical Limitation: Really Colossal (1,000m long or in diameter; -18 DCV, +18 to PER Rolls to perceive) (Frequently, Slightly Impairing) for 10 points and buy her 26" of Knockback Resistance for 52 points.

The Farscape RPG lists her cargo capacity at 2 ktons, which would mean she has a STR of about 81. However, in the series, she never has trouble carrying any particular cargo or number of passengers. It's a plot thing - she has as much STR as she needs to carry out the plot.

That's a preliminary assessment. More later.

This thing on?

Wasn't sure there was any interest. I'll post more tonight when I get home. The only problem with making Moya a character was defining her "Capacity". In other words, I had to use Usable By Others and some guesstimations for maximum capacity.