Mystica - Misteress of Magic

phydaux

I've settled on a mystic - Mystica.

Here's her background. I've attached a text file with her character sheet.

Tatyana Romanov was an only child. Both her parents died when she was very young, and she was raised by her widowed grandmother.

Growing up poor and Russian, she knew she was doomed to a life of poverty and misery UNLESS she got out of Russia. Taking stock of herself, she saw education as her way out. If she could get a scholarship to a western university, then she could have a chance at a decent life.

She studied hard, and was pleased to discover she both enjoyed and excelled in sciences. Being a long time fan of Russian super heroes, she was drawn to paraphysics, and magic in particular. Her excellence in the field came to the attention of L'Institut Thoth, and she was invited to move to Switzerland as a Research Fellow.

While studying at L'Institut, her suspicions were confirmed - she herself was both a super AND a gifted mystic. She also met several other mystics who coached and tutored her in using her skill.

During her time at L'Institut she received word that her grandmother was very ill. She returned to Russia in time for one last visit with her before she died. At this time Tatyana's grandmother passed along several "family heirlooms" to her. Tatyana was stunned to discover they were in fact highly powerful magic items. Her grandmother never told her where the items came from. Tatyana suspects her grandmother discovered them while she was in a labor camp in Siberia, but will never know for sure because her grandmother died just hours later.

Tatyana returned to L'Institut to finish her Ph.D., and relocated to America soon after. Using her knowledge, skill and the magic items her grandmother left her, she works to protect the mundane world from the many mystical powers that threaten it.

I too would like to use Mystica as the basis for a magic using NPC I had created in name only called Myst. She would be part of a new Super team in San Deigo Ca called the Crusaders. I only had the slightest of outlines for her, and with your permission I'd love to use your character.

Thanx

WC