Fifth week!!

HeroGM

DC and Marvel used to do miniseries that would come out on months with 5th weeks such as sins of youth or JL?.

One year I did a week long game as a 5th week based on DCs Tangent. The characters had the same name but completely different power sets

DC and Marvel used to do miniseries that would come out on months with 5th weeks such as sins of youth or JL?.

One year I did a week long game as a 5th week based on DCs Tangent. The characters had the same name but completely different power sets

That's a really cool idea.  While I never framed it in a 5th week, I have done a couple of things to shake up the routine:

I've handed out sheets of the NPC cops and agents the characters interacted with and played my rendition of the PCs back at them

In the vein of X-Files/Supernatural, after a particularly heavy, drama intensive storyline, I've done a 'comedy episode'.  These included a cartoonish parody villain team based on the PC's in another campaign mine alternated with and a three way slugfest between my versions of Hercules, Thor and a Lobo homage/parody which the PCs had to avert.

My GM mentor in college did a cool one where one of the PCs fell asleep reading his daughter the Hobbit and dreamt of fantasy versions of the PCs.  He handed out Fantasy Hero versions of our characters and we played out the dream.

One GM, in another game, did one where it began in a combat we were actually in the middle of from the previous session(hard to explain how this happened, it was an unavoidable thing, and one of the players was not there for this fifth week game, so we couldn't really continue). A gas grenade got thrown in our midst.

We did not know it was a hallucinatory gas grenade. The entire game that day was a group hallucination in a Cthulhu-esque world.