Where can I post questions on a new Skill I came up with

OP: I like it.  I think it is probably overhtough, but that might be why I like it.

Thing is, you need to ask if this level of complexity adds to the game experience or detracts from it.  In a superhero game where you have fliers, Parkour may seem almost redundant.  It looks cool if you film it, but does it actually make more of a game impact than a few seconds of well considered rhetoric?

• 4 months later...

Okay, just to pepper this discussion up with a provocatively different approach. How about:

(3)     Environmental Movement: Urban (no penalties)

Although I personally - like Massey - always built DAREDEVIL, SPIDERMAN, BATMAN, MOON KNIGHT, CATWOMAN, CAPTAIN AMERICA, and all those roof-moving urban heros with

Urban Movement Multipower:

1) RUNNING

2) Acrobatics

3) Breakfall

4) Climbing

5) SWINGING

6) JUMPING
sometimes: 7) CLINGING, Costs Endurance (-½)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, just to pepper this discussion up with a provocatively different approach. How about:

(3)     Environmental Movement: Urban (no penalties)

This was my thought exactly (except for the provocatively different part =P Just regular HERO!). But it should be noted that this switches the mode from giving bonuses to characters with an ability, to giving penalties to those without it.

An excellent breakdown of parkour. However while I think the guidelines are pretty good, I dont see the need for Parkour as a skill. Acrobatics, Breakfall and Climbing handles all those things.

This is a change from the usual: keeping things complicated when a good opportunity for streamlining presents itself. If the main and continual uses of Acrobatics, Breakfall, and Climbing are going to be Parkour-related, having a Parkour skill which encompasses all of them seems like a darn good idea to me. But you are correct in that they don't necessarily need to be changed much, as was presented in the OP.

One thing that has not been discussed is the bonus to DCV.  I would be happy to expand 'Acrobatics' so that you could decide before rolling if you wanted a bonus to OCV or DCV (or even a split if you roll high enough).  Mind you, it would follow the same rules: it would have to be a surprise of some sort, so you could not simply keep doing it.  Maybe one bonus per combat, two if you are lucky.  +1 bonus per 3 (not 2) you make the roll by.