6E character templates?

Boll Weevil

Hi, everyone. I remember a while back seeing a post wherein there were basic templates for 6E Champions characters (basic Brick, energy projector etc). I looked but I seem to have failed my search-fu roll. Since I play primarily in the CU, I'm afraid most of my characters have been unnecessarily padded over the years to match the Villains, especially in the SPD and DEX areas.  I would like to start with a basic template and adjust to keep some balance to my characters. 

Thanks, Tasha, but I should have been more clear. A poster on the boards shared several starting point character templates. I do have the 6e Champs book and the templates in there are a good starting point. Interestingly enough, I thought you had posted them. Apparently, my memory has gone the way of my searchfu. 

Thanks, Tasha, but I should have been more clear. A poster on the boards shared several starting point character templates. I do have the 6e Champs book and the templates in there are a good starting point. Interestingly enough, I thought you had posted them. Apparently, my memory has gone the way of my searchfu. 

That's a project that I was thinking about doing, but haven't gotten around to it.

I assume CU's Average power level is DC 12, Dex 23, Spd 5, Def 24 (12-20rDef), CV 10. One can usually start there and add to one and subtract from the others. ie a brick could be Dex 18, Spd 4, DC 14 Def 30 (30rDef) CV 8,

I've messed about with the idea, but nothing has made it off the back of the envelope.

Some preliminary results: 100 points of characteristics in 1-5e is about the same as 160 points in 6e. This is basically Dex, Con, OCV, DCV, PD, ED, Spd, Rec, End and Stun, plus Ego, OMCV and DMCV for Mentalists. My sketchy results suggest that Bricks have enough leeway here to partly compensate for the loss of figured characteristics from Str.

To get things right, though, would require some serious analysis of the relationships between End use, Stun expected to be taken, and the amount of Rec required. A lot of this stuff tended to be obscured by the effects of figured characteristics.

Basically, you need to decide how long you want the character to be able to use her powers at full power, and how much damage she should be able to take per turn.

I've rechecked my old templates. The main reason they don't work is because they were designed for "Low Powered Superheroes".

They don't work well for "Standard Superheroes", where everyone is getting hit by 12 DC attacks all the time.

I've done a few calculations in terms of END use and damage, and Martial Artists tend to end up spending 180 points on basic characteristics, not 160.