Hit Location Probability Table

Cantriped

Have you ever wondered what the odds were of your enemies hitting you in the vitals? Or wanted to calculate the appropriate value for an unusual combination protected locations when applying Armor Coverage to a suit of piece mail? Well ponder no longer, I've run the numbers for you! Presented herein is a table displaying the percentage chances of getting any given result on Hit Location Chart, and a break down of the possible results used to calculate that percentage chance.

If there is sufficient interest, I will expand this document with the odds of striking given location groups on the Special Hit Location Table (such as Head Shots, High Shots, etc).

While I think feet ought to be a very low chance to hit, it still concerns me that a vitals hit is nearly a 10% shot, but combined head is 4.63%.  Vitals is too near the big fat center of that bell curve to make it comfortable to me.  The problem is that 13 is so ingrained in people's minds. And 12 is nearly as good (equal in terms of stun) and its even more likely to go off.

• 3 weeks later...

I have now updated my previous Hit Location Probability Document to it's (probably) final version. Please see it's description for details regarding the update, the gist of the update is that I made the whole thing fancier, and more useable, and I've included tables for each of the special hit location groups as well. This document is 2 pages long, and formatted for printing and storing in a single page-protector.