An example of Hero flexibility

Christopher R Taylor

So I've had this idea for a while of a hero that might make it into a book.  He's a ghost, a spirit that can "possess" people and basically make them stripped-down superman.  Strength, durability, flight, a bit of speed.  When he's connected to them, they get the power, as long as he's connected.  He personally doesn't have this power, but he's always invisible and desolid, etc.  When connected, he can advise people and tell them what they can do, but that's it.  So he looks for people who are in trouble, and gives them the power to fight back and save themselves.  Otherwise, he's just a ghost.

So the build for this one, that had me puzzled a while.  Buying usable on others and affects solid for all this stuff was gonna cost thousands of points.

But hey, here's what I came up with: Multiform usable only on others, affects real world, etc.  It has a variable pool it in to give them their ordinary stats (50 points worth of their own abilities and stuff) so they are the same guy, but they also have 50 STR, 18 DEX, 4 SPD, etc.  Mind link connects the characters, clinging affects solid allows them to stay together.

The Multiform was not as expensive as I thought, its 195 active points, which should make a GM gasp, but its only granting 250 points of powers and the character himself cannot use it, ever.  he has no control over how the host uses it either.  It ends up being cheaper because the Usable by others is actually a limitation because of how its built.  130 points is really gaudy but a thoughtful GM shouldn't have a problem with the concept.

Just goes to show.  With Hero, if you have the will, there's a way.