I Don't Feel Anything

Zaratustra

How long is the effect supposed to last? If it's only for a brief period, I think I'd do this as a Flash against the Touch Sense Group, Limited to the hands. FREd p. 228 has guidelines for the effect of losing the sense of touch due to a sense-affecting Power which could be applied to this situation.

If it's for a longer period, Drain vs. DEX with the same Limitation does sound right. If it's a Constant Power effect which stops when the Power shuts off, probably Suppress DEX, or perhaps Change Environment imposing some DEX penalties.

Re: I Don't Feel Anything

Originally posted by Zaratustra

What would be the best way to make the power to block the nerves to a person's hands, making them numb (and hopefully causing them to drop whatever they're holding)?

How about a limited form of ranged disarm manuever with TK? Unless you want the hands to stay numb in which case I'd link with a supress or drain as suggested.

Another interesting idea is Entangle - Set Effect (Hands Only; -1), Transparent to Damage (+1/2), Based on Con (-?), Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation (+ I forgot). After all, this power is essentially very similar to simply binding someone's hands completely, except that objects are dropped instead of bound in.