Batman builds/STR Chart/NCM

RDU Neil

Ok I just read 3 very old Batman comics and each can help define cinematic hero. 

1) Batman is sooo tired that when he punches the bad guy, it hardly hurts. To chase down the bad guy, Batman decides to go under the streets to cut off the thug. (Ok that’s a fridge logic scratcher there, too tired but can move a man cover?) And then he uses a Presence Attack and FALLS on top of the thug because he is too tired to punch to win the day. It was cool because firstly the case was a minor thug and Batman debates whether to give chase. And in Hero terms, I felt it was player asked to make Ego rolls to complete the scenerio.

2) Batman is thinks Alfred is in danger and makes a broad leap and the story states that the leap was Olympic level however no distancee was stated. Ok Hero terms Batman pushed his leap. But the way it was stated, would it be incredible for Batman to be an Olympic level jumper? Yeah but cinemtically I think all would give a pass.

3) Batman is described and shown to leap in the air 20 ft! Yes he only grabs the bottom of the balcony but still. Now THATs beyond cinematic! Now if he a actobatic leap off something to get there, ok. Or if he used his trusty bat grappling hook, better.