USING HAP's, judge my mods

JmOz

Decided to use HAP's in my campaign with some mods, let  me know what you think

Getting HAPs.

• Luck, each d6 of luck is rolled at start of game, you get that many HAP's, this is ALL luck does
  • Instant rewards in game for good role playing, amusing me, clever ideas
  • "Blue booking" short stories and descriptions of character between sessions*

Using HAPs

• Modify Die roll +/- 1
  • Make changes to the scene (may cost more than 1 based on the alteration)
  • May use an extra HAP to affect others (ie give someone else a +/1 on a die roll)  

HAP's are for session only except blue booking which carry over to the end of the scenario (if the story takes more than one session only)

How did this work out in game?

I have used a similar system, but in my case the players started out with 3 HAP's they could use 2 HAP's at once to completely reroll but they would have to take that roll.  Plus when they used their HAP's they came to me as the GM and the bad guys could then use HAP's as well.

I usually increase the HAPs effect on STUN from the regular rules to +2 pips of Stun (not stun mod) and make each HAP worth +1d6 Pre instead of of +1 on Pre attacks.  It doesn't seem that you are using HAPs for these things but here's the reasoning.

The increase of Stun is because originally 1 Body was 2 points in the game and Stun was 1 point, so see 1 HAP give the same benefit didn't seem fair.

The increase of Pre Attacks was because, these points were to help make the heroes more heroic, so a better PRE seemed more in line with the reasoning behind them.